About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Eight Things... zzzzzz.....

I'm stealing this from Beck and the Happy Geek because, frankly, American Idol was much more important than y'all last night.

Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To
because I am all about humor and optimism lately. heh.
1. Kindergarten. This fall. For the Tongginator.
2. Receiving an adoption referral from China. Not that I'm impatient or anything. Because I'm totally not. I mean, it's been NEARLY THREE YEARS since we began our official wait, but who's counting? Okay, okay... Me. The Rumor Queen.
3. The Fish Family coming to visit our house for six whole days later this month.
4. Watching the Tongginator pick her nose dance onstage during her ballet recital.
5. Non-rainy weather.
6. The lead-up to the husband's August birthday, since he will turn the big four-oh and I love tormenting him.
7. Napping.
8. Watching my peonies bloom this summer. Because they are gorgeous.

Eight Things I Did Yesterday
because I am nothing if not honest.
1. Regretted saying to a fellow preschool momma, "Yes, we'd LOVE to go to the National Zoo with you tomorrow after school." Not that I don't want to go to the zoo with them, but what kind of idiot decides to schlep four children into downtown DC at noon on Wednesday? Oh, yeah ... that would be me.
2. Shared a deep, dark family secret with someone outside of my family. Oh, yes, I did. And you know what? I'm glad I did.
3. Attended a Bible Study during which I heard someone utter what I THOUGHT was the phrase "the doo-doo verse." If you're at all curious, check out this passage. (She actually said "the do-do verse." Which sounds exactly the same, but means something VERY different. As I'm sure y'all know.)
4. Watched my neice Baby Ruth eat dirt at the park while the Tongginator pumped herself on the swings.
5. Got my hair cut. And no, Cell Phone Lady was not in attendance.
6. Wished that Adam wasn't so darn freaky because I DO believe he sings well, but he scares me so much, I have nightmares every time I watch American Idol.
7. Cut my toenails. I KNOW! Exciting stuff, isn't it?
8. Bored myself practically to death while writing this post.

Eight Things I Wish I Could Do
in an alternate universe not entitled The Real World
1. Sing beautifully. If I was young and stupid, I'd be one of Those Scary People from the first week of auditions at American Idol.
2. Speak MandyRin properly.
3. Teleport.
4. Fall asleep on command.
5. Avoid power struggles with the Tongginator.
6. Lose weight just by clicking my heels.
7. Write blog posts that didn't put people to sleep.
8. Love drinking water as much as I love drinking coffee and Diet Coke.

Eight Shows I Watch
and here's where I wish I could say we don't watch all that much TV, but that was only true until last year, when we succumbed to the lure of the evil box
1. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
2. Jeopardy!
3. CSI anything
4. The Mentalist
5. Lie to Me
6. America's Next Top Model
7. American Idol
8. How It's Made

I no longer tag because most people have a love/hate relationship with it. And I never remember who feels what. So if you love this, do it and I'll link to you below. If you hate it, now's the time to say thank you.

THOSE WHO HAVE EIGHT THINGS, TOO:
Recovering Sociopath

14 comments:

happygeek said...

I'm with you on the water drinking. Only coffee rates right up there with water for me. AND I'm a diet pepsi girl. I know. You are no longer able to associate with me. I understand.
How did you get a child with motor planning issues to pump herself on the swings? We've been working this one for a LONG time and it is NOT going well. I'm looking for ideas. ANYTHING.

Aunt LoLo said...

TM, I read this! All of it! Every line! (Trust me, THAT was an act of love - I never read these things. But, for you? Anything, m'dear. ;-))

Hmm...yes, AI was pretty much the most important thing EVER last night. (I wish someone had told Siu Jeun that...he woke up in the middle and had the GALL to want to eat!)

And we watch ANTM, too. ;-) Who are you rooting for?

Dawn said...

Most of your post just made me smile. One point, though, just made me envious. Curious which one? Well, it wasn't the zoo! Ha! (Maybe it won't be as bad as you think!)

Seriously... #8: "Watching my peonies bloom this summer. Because they are gorgeous."

Peonies are my all-time favorite flowers. My grandmother grew peonies that were legendary. Growing up, I always said I'd have peonies when I had my own house. And, when Bud and I bought our first house, I planted some. We moved about the time they were maturing and beginning to produce beautiful blooms.

Now we live in Texas and peonies do NOT grow here. At all. (Sigh...)

You'll have to post a picture of them for us. (Please?)

Blessings!

monica said...

OK, maybe I'M just freaky too, but I love Adam on American Idol, don't find him the least bit freaky but supremely talented and confident. But I like people who stand out in a crowd. I read your entire post too, and I'm tempted to do my own, just out of a need for something to write about. Love, Monica

Jboo said...

Great lists -- you are so funny!!

Have fun at the zoo! Love peonies too and ours are maybe a week or two away from blooming!

And I'm really with you on the clicking heels to lose weight wish!

Janet

Jillene said...

Adam is scary. Every week I keep expecting him to come out in full drag. Guess that's not gonna happen on the show but maybe after?!

jen@odbt said...

I'd like to have some of those things I could do too - like teleport ad lose weight by clicking. Imagine how much easier life would be. Ha!

CC said...

You'd rather watch AI than blog???? What happened????

Michelle said...

Hey, if you figure out how to lose weight by clicking your heels, please call me first! Please, pretty please?

Kristy said...

You do not ever bore me with your posts!!! I loved this one.
love, Kristy

Mahmee said...

You are hilarious!

Heather of the EO said...

Hey, stop saying this is boring. I must like boring stuff, I ate it up! :) I like learning more about people through memes. Maybe I'm weird.

EVERYONE is watching The Mentalist. I think I might be missing out.

Recovering Sociopath said...

Okeydoke, I did it. Over at my blog.

Alyson and Ford said...

Love reading your posts.... we blog/do this for ourselves mainly, next for family and friends; you will be glad you have this blog!
Yes, Adam is "different"; great singer. I was sad that Danny is gone; never thought Kris would make it this far. Danny was my FAV.
Big finale in just a few days!

Alyzabeth's Mommy