About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day at the Museum

Y'all, when one decides to Culture and Educate oneself at a Smithsonian Museum, one should probably first check out the movie listings. You know, in case the number one movie for the weekend happens to be something about a certain night at a certain Smithsonian Museum.

We. Are. Idiots.

We still managed to have fun at the sardine-packed crowded Air and Space as well as the Natural History Museum. The Tongginator soaked in every bit of information she possibly could, which basically means that she darted through crowds of people, practically giving me a heart attack, while still managing to stop at nearly every exhibit, asking, "Can I touch THAT?"

We thought the Tongginator's favorite part of the day might be the butterfly exhibit...

Mrs. Fish with the Tongginator, Red Fish and Blue Fish

or possibly the more child-friendly ocean exhibit at the Natural History Museum...

The Tongginator's infamous Back O' The Head

but - alas - she explained that her favorite part of the day involved this...

The Tongginator and Blue Fish at a metro AKA subway stop

Why am I not surprised?

Mrs. Fish, however, listed her favorite part of the day as something entirely different. The Tongginator really, really, REALLY wanted to touch pretty much EVERYTHING in the whole darn museum the stegosaurus skeleton. Unfortunately, a "Please Do Not Touch" sign and a watchful museum guard didn't seem to deter the Tongginator, although a Stern Talking To by Momma finally put a stop to any and all ideas. But not before this conversation occurred...

TONGGU MOMMA: No, Tongginator... the sign says do not touch. Which means you CANNOT touch the dinosaur.

TONGGINATOR: Why not? Will he get deader?

Er... no. But judging from the museum guard's glare, Tonggu Momma may Get Deader if you do. And I'd really like to live to see my next birthday.

27 comments:

Jules from "The Roost" said...

LOL! SO cute. It looks like a really fun adventure!

LaLa said...

So funny....hmmmm...still praying for her K teacher LOL

happygeek said...

I Think you deserve a Momma made it thru the Museum medal. Or maybe just a tall drink.
A very sucesssful museum trip with little ones is when no one gets any deader than when the trip starts.

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, TM -- the T keeps you on your toes, doesn't she? :p

I love her sassiness. :)

Cheri said...

I wonder if I'll ever be as brave as you! LOL I wonder if they make extra big strollers?! ;)

Blue said...

Would you like my museum professional speech about 'why we do not touch, etc' ? guaranteed to make a child slack-jawed and eyes glaze over.

Jboo said...

So hard not to touch when things are so tempting and must admit that she is right -- it's already dead! Fun times!

Janet

Beck said...

I'm taking my oldest through a big museum in two weeks! It'll be wacky.

Jillene said...

How fun!! And it's so hard not to touch----and it's even harder when someone actually tells you you can't touch. Oh the temptation!!

Mamma to 5 said...

Very cute!! When we were there Gracie did touch the skeleton, luckily the guard was not looking!! LOL Needless to say say we ran out of there. Well, as fast as seven people and a double stroller can run!!

prechrswife said...

"Will it get deader?"---ROFLOL! That is priceless...

Sarah said...

I love the Air & Space! I could spend weeks there and not get bored. It's my most favorite. The zoo is the close second of course.

rosemary said...

A long time ago, when I was the single-fun-babysitting aunt I took my nephews to the circus. It was a smelly, expensive, exhausting all day affair! When their mom came to get them the next day they said their favorite part of the weekend was when we got home and I made them spaghettios and we all fell asleep on the floor of my studio together watching Little Bear. Boy did I feel like a chump! ;-)

Sharie said...

I love her energy! Amelia would have been the same way!

Andrea said...

You crack me up! I could see my youngest trying to touch the skeleton too!

Aunt LoLo said...

"Yup...it's hard to be much deader than the dead he is now...unless we killed him again!" (name that movie?)

Miss T. cracks me up!

Briana's Mom said...

Note to self - do not visit stegosaurus skeleton with Briana (at least until she is much older). I don't want to get deader either. ;)

Dawn said...

Deader... that just cracks me up! My grandmother used to always say so-and-so was "killed dead." Not that I know of any other kind of killed or dead. LOL

Blessings!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Ha!
She's such a funny girl!
Isn't the Smithsonian awesome?

Janet said...

Well, she DOES have a point. He can't get any "deader".

jen@odbt said...

I think the Metro would excite my kids too. They tire too easily at the museums where nothing can be touched or is interactive. Too much reading my 8 year old would say!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She always has the perfect comeback.....man are you in trouble during the teenage years!!

Pat and I would love to come down to the smithsonian this summer with the kids....we talked about it last year, but the summer got away from us!!

Lisa

Carla said...

LOL - love her comment.

We went in the middle of the week in May last year, and it was wall to wall sardine packed with people as well. Not as much fun as I had hoped, but the boys enjoyed it.

Colleen said...

LOL deader LOL very good comeback!!!
Sounds like a fun day : )

Michelle said...

Deader... you just gotta love kids!! And T always has something funny to say. Hmmmmm... just like her Momma and a certain Granny. :)

BTW, thanks for the link to Da Xin's letter. I went over to the NHBO blog and watched the video you recently posted. I was already doing the ugly cry one minute into the five minute video. Then I watched part II. What an awesome story and what an adorable kid!!

Peanut said...

Would he get deader! Good point Tongginator!!

How do you keep a straight face TM?

Holly said...

I do think the good Lord has blessed you with the most hilarious daughter in all the world! Which makes me wonder what he has in store for her little sister. Hmmmm. :)