About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Talking to Your Family About Attachment
-- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... ideas and links about talking with your extended family about bonding and attachment during the first few months home

Stuck on Adoption Losses
-- adoptive momma (U.S. domestic, living in Australia) Kohana at Growing Family... balancing consistency with empathy when a child deals with adoption loss

Just because...
-- adoptive momma (China) PIPO at The Vachina Monologues... one family's bonding and attachment progress after the first month home

Friends come and go, but siblings... -- bio and adoptive momma (Liberia) Angie, who regularly blogs at Heartchild, guest posting at Adoption Connection... the importance of forging strong bonds between siblings

Go Forth and SAVE an Orphan
-- adoptive momma (China) Carla at Life With Katie-bug... why this phrase irks her

Privileged Voices -- adult adoptee (Korea) Sang-Shil Kim at Land of the Not-So-Calm... power within the adoption triad and our role as adoptive parents

Parents need to attach, too -- guest blogger, bio and adoptive momma (Liberia) Laura, who regularly blogs at The Mouro Family, at Adoption Connect... the attachment process for an adoptive parent, focusing on that often over-looked piece of the puzzle

little things mean a lot -- adult adoptee (domestic, BSE) Ungrateful Little Bastard... a reminder that we need to FIGHT for adoptee rights to their original birth certificates [BSE stands for the Baby Scoop Era.]

finding our religion -- adoptive momma (China) mama d at zarfing sunshine... older child adoption challenges and changes a family's ideas about faith [Note: Please respect her belief system in the same way that she respects her son's belief system. Which is highly.]

2 comments:

Kohana said...

Thanks for the linkage!

The Gang's Momma said...

I so appreciate the links you do weekly. I love that I am regularly getting exposed to all kinds of thoughts and ideas surrounding my family's choice to adopt, and whether I agree or not with what I read, I always leave here with at least one new blog to follow or one new idea to think/pray about. Thank you for the time and energy you expend on this feature. You rock!