About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

From a Mixed Race Child: Tips for a White Parent -- special correspondent Thea Lim at Racialicious... advice for a person parenting a child of a different race as them

Cultural Differences in Raising Babies -- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... several cultural differences listed specific to infant and child care

Ahh... Family Photos -- adult adoptee (Korea) Alexis at 안녕습니다!... family photos can be a source of pain

You Think I WANT a Primal Wound?
-- first mother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... the primal wound just is sometimes, regardless of parenting

just words -- waiting to adopt (China) Kris at Tell Her This... musings during her wait to adopt

It's Not "Just" About Learning -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... a great post by one of my favorite bloggers, about how adoptive parents shouldn't ever arrive at a comfortable "I've done my job" place

Reality -- foster parents (China) Jacob and Carrie at Signs of Hope... a birthday wish from a five-year-old orphan

Save the Date and Help Save a Life! -- Deb Mann, co-coordinator of the Born in My Heart auction at Love Without Boundaries... information about the auction that raises money for Chinese orphans to receive heart surgeries

Am I Baby Stealer or Simply a Parent?
-- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Michelle at the group adoption blog Grown in My Heart... thoughts about and details of a conversation she had with her daughter's first mother

In which my Unplanned Pregnancy becomes an Adoption Plan
-- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy at Musings of the Lame... a detailed and emotionally-wrenching account of her pregnancy and the circumstances that led her to consider adoption

6 comments:

Mei-Ling said...

"how adoptive parents shouldn't ever arrive at a comfortable "I've done my job" place"

Oh good. I didn't go overboard in trying to convey that!

(I'm happy you linked to it, though.)

Patricia/NYC said...

FABULOUS links this week, TM!!
THANKS!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great links...thanks for posting....I am a new blogger and hope you will visit me...

Diane said...

Whew. I am blogged out with these links. Need nap. Need food. Note to self - Food for thought does not satiate thy stomach. Hmmm. Actually - your Sunday links = new diet. Huh. You are on to something here...

kris said...

I am feeling so humbled right now... truly. Thank you. And I have tons of other links to look at!! But I've been so busy out there LIVING lately~!

Pickel said...

wow..how funny you were linking to Claudia when I was choosing her for the site.