About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

One Thing Adoptive Parents Hate Doing
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Sang-Shil Kim at Land of the Not-So-Calm... about the racial and cultural isolation many international adoptees face

Are You In Need Of Some Closure? -- my imaginary friend The Queen B... some amazing news after the recent missions trip of one of my very favorite people in the blogging world

I'll just out-crazy your crazy!
-- adoptive momma (Haiti) Christine at welcome to my brain... recent parenting techniques she used when dealing with her child who has reactive attachment disorder

Full Circle -- foster parents (China) Jacob and Carrie at Signs of Hope... this one will probably make you bawl (I did)

Asian Faces
-- adoptive momma (China) Carrie at Jiaozi... caring physically for your child adopted from Asia, plus teaching them tips and tricks when dealing with make-up and hairstyles

When You Believe -- adult adoptee (domestic) The Passionate Peach at Neither Here Nor There... God truly is about heritage and family, even when those families are separated - a great one to read this week of Easter

With Eyes Full of Tears -- adoptive momma (China) Sara at Football & Fried Rice... a recent conversation with her young, grieving daughter

Birthday Muse by Diane, Part 2 OD
-- adoptive momma Diane (China) at the group blog An-Ya... birthdays don't always bring forth joy for an adoptee

Passover -- prospective adoptive momma Rachel at Henry Street... an interesting look at the Passover story, focusing on Moses' life as an adoptee - another great one to read this holiday week

bruises -- first mother Barb at Cigarettes and Coffee... her recent miscarriage brings up, yet again, the adoption placement of her oldest child

6 comments:

Diane said...

Thanks for the link to and the links. You crack me up with your imaginary friend! I have a few of those ;)

Across the Ocean Blue said...

I read Sara's post and it was wrenching, but full of hope.

Colleen said...

Happy Easter!!!!! Love Sunday Linkage!!!

Kim said...

Thanks for the Links again. Some made me cry all made me think...

Happy Easter

sara said...

I love seeing these links! I usually spend the whole next week reading them; thanks for taking the time :)

Julia said...

I really love these links you provide each week. Most of these blogs I've never been to and wouldn't even know where to begin looking for them, but their entries make me really think about things - no matter if I'm agreeing with them or not, they open up questions and that's always a good thing I think. So thanks! :-)