About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baby, Get Your Verse On

Y'all know I'm ALL about sharing embarrassing photos of myself. Because it's so much fun to laugh at oneself while others laugh alongside you. Sometimes I worry when I do that via the internet, however, because I'm not always sure if others are laughing with me or just feeling sorry for me. Because chuckling while others look at you with pity isn't exactly fun. Not that I know anything about that.

Because I totally don't. Drat Facebook.

Anyways, I thought - in honor of April Fool's Day - I'd post a rare face shot on Our Little Tongginator, just to reassure you that I actually DO possess a face. I am more than my huge rear, I promise you. And apparently that "something more" involves a rather odd, long-lasting obsession with inner tubes.


As you can see...


I have no explanation, y'all. No explanation at all. Although I AM the younger sibling here, so perhaps a little sisterly blame is appropriate. KitKat, what WERE you thinking?

I'll tell you what she WASN'T thinking. She WASN'T thinking that her mei mei would grow up to be a great time waster blogger. And she wasn't thinking I'd one day beg her for over 15 minutes to pose for a picture wearing her new Wild Olives t-shirt - because Amie and Stefanie totally sent me two free ones as a completely unnecessary thank you for my minuscule contribution to the special needs adoption No Hands But Ours site - but KitKat hasn't lost that last bit of FourthChildBabyWeightThatRefuseToMeltAwayBecauseHELLOItWasHerFourthChild, so she categorically refused to have her picture taken even though she LOVES the shirt.

How THAT for a run-on sentence?

And where was I? Oh yes, Wild Olives. My sister KitKat, being a bit of a dork struggling a tad with her self-image, refusing to pose for a photo. So, yeah, I totally took one of myself. At 11:45 last night.


The back of the shirt quotes Romans 8:38-39; however, I like the shirt's sassiness most of all. No Thing can separate me from God, but - also important - I am No Thing (despite my headless state).

Yes, y'all, I became faceless once again. But at least I'm stylish. And getting my verse on. Thanks to Amie and Stefanie.

35 comments:

Jenny said...

ya'll were cute, I love the raggady ann dresses:)

Rachel @ Unexpected Blessings said...

Too funny! Be thankful you are just in inner tubes in your house fully clothed. There are several pictures of me in my younger years with inner tubes in my bathing suit! Now that is something to be embarrassed about!

You were so cute! I love how happy you both seem to be doing some thing so silly as playing with inner tubes in the house!

(Did I say inner tubes enough in this comment? I think not! Inner tubes, inner tubes, inner tubes! Okay, I will stop now!)

Brooke said...

that looks like pictures of me and my big sister!!! :)

Dawn said...

Fun pictures. I think we must have grown up in the same family.

Love your shirt. I love t-shirts that have the "extra" messages.

Blessings!

sara said...

Did your parents pose you in the tires so you couldn't move/run away? That's actually a very good idea (my wheels are turning.....)

Loving the No.Thing. LOVE the verse, it's my new favorite!

Susan D said...

Very cute! I'm thinkin the inner tubes were serious fun. Blessings, SusanD

The Source said...

But why aren't you sitting in an inner tube in your Wild Olives shirt??

I love the little Raggedy Ann dresses. You and your sis look like you enjoyed each other's company! I liked my little sister, too...until she got old enough to figure out she DIDN'T have to obey my every command.

bbmomof2boys said...

Cute baby pictures....then you go and post a boob picture! bwahhahaha!!!!

Hugs,
Carla

Jerralea said...

I love that T-shirt! I really like wearing shirts with scripture on them. A subtle way to witness, LOL.

You and your sister were adorable! It is puzzling why you were inside with inner tubes, but no matter, it makes for great photo ops!

Monica said...

Those inner tubes must have been a whole lot of fun--based on the fact that you guys had such huge smiles on your faces on more than one occasion while sitting in them!!!
Did you ever get to take them out in the water?

Gail said...

Cute t-shirts! I lol at this post... for some reason the inner tube posings crack me up. Why inner tubes? And then the headless torso of you with t-shirt on struck me as funny.

Growin' with it! said...

i think you are quite brave posting a picture of your skinny frame...i'd rather show the face shot w/ zits than my OWN tubes around my waist!! cute pictures.

Patricia/NYC said...

Cute photos!!! Love those smiles!!

And, love those tee shirts! I got a couple myself! Now, WHERE was the inner tube while wearing your Wild Olive tee?? ;)

Debbie said...

What great photos! I love the joy in your faces in those.

Dena said...

Great pictures. The Raggedy Ann dresses are just too cute!!

Michelle said...

Now wait... I was completely expecting you to jump into an inner tube for that pic. Oh, well, it's a good one and love that you are helping Stefanie, Amie & Connie spread the word. I love mine. My fav is Sing Praises.

a little leprechaun said...

Love the shirt! They have such cool ones over at Wild Olives. I'm still trying to decide...

Have a terrific day!

RamblingMother said...

The inner tubes? Where you heading on a rafting trip? Love the shirt!! Great kid/baby pics.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Those dresses are too much! Adorable. You two really made inner tubes look like a blast!
I'm glad you joined in today!

Jboo said...

You and your sister were (I mean, are!) a couple of cuties!

Happy April 1st!

Janet

Stefanie said...

Look at you gettin' your verse on, girl! DANG!! You look pretty good at 11:45 at night...
Love the sis pictures. I have several of those... I am the baby in my fam as well. 'cept in the pictures I have, I'm usually in some sort of headlock.
Got the Scoop on Poop, can NOT wait to read THAT!! Thanks again, I'll let you know how it goes :)

OziMum said...

Inner tubes, eh?! Everyone's baby photos are cute!

Love the "verse" shirt!

Kayce said...

I swear I used to have that raggedy ann/andy dress!!! I LOVE your shirt!!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I always enjoy your pictures of the past.....you two were so cute in your innertubes!! I need to get my scanner fixed or by a new one, because I have tons of photos very similar of my sister and I.....my Mom dressed us alike....same outfits different colors.

That was some tricky camera work.....You wear that shirt very well:}

Sharie said...

I'm pretty sure we were sisters in a former life - we had some major fun with innertubes - used them for sleds (yeah cause that's safe) and for towing behind boats (cause who would buy something made to use for that?).
I also believe I had a dress very similar to the Ragedy Ann one in the photo:)

Julie said...

Oh mercy! Where you all adorable, or what?!? What great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Patrice said...

Girl, you crack me up! Enjoyed you and your baby pictures!

happygeek said...

Inner tubes, the poor man's playpen.
LOVE the raggedy-ann dresses.

Patty O. said...

I love that t-shirt. It's really cute and sassy. And you soooo do not need to lose 10 pounds at all!!!

Blue said...

Nice boob shot!

Aunt LoLo said...

What's wrong with hanging out in a tire tube? LOL When I was small, we'd spend a week or two every summer at my Grandparents' cabin. Every summer, we'd hit up the local automotive shop and buy a few inner tubes. We'd plop our be-swimsuited bums down in those things, tuck 'em up high so we didn't hit the rocks, and go scooting down the river by the cabin. Fun, fun times!

M3 said...

Love the self portrait! :-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You were cute, and I love the shirt.

Jennifer said...

Love the baby pictures of you and your sister.

The innner tube picture is a riot!

Jen

Colleen said...

I got my verse on....I'm all about the pink tee : )