About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool

In case y'all missed it, April Fool's Day was yesterday. And I totally forgot. (Huge surprise, I know.) The Tongginator's teachers, however, did not forget. They decided to coach their students to tell the parents that the class took an airplane ride during their two-and-a-half hours together. The teachers then trained the children to follow up their tall tale with a shout of "April Fool's!"

The Tongginator's classmate Lego Boy, being ever-analytical, asked the teachers, "but where will we tell them we flew?" The entire class puzzled over their destination for a minute, until the Tongginator shouted, "I know! We'll tell them we flew to China to meet my little sister!"

The class unanimously agreed... because you DON'T argue with the Tongginator.

Oh, my dear, sweet Tongginator, if only it were that easy.... we've waited over 1,000 days to adopt from China a second time. Three years ago, I never thought we'd be where we are now. Still... I'm willing to wait another 1,000 days. And if that makes me a fool, I don't care.

28 comments:

Dawn said...

If only...

Blessings!

Pug Mama said...

good Lord! I am soooo darn emotional waiting for the call - I cried over the last 2 lines!!!!!!!!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Does that make you a fool?? No? Does that make you a mom? Yes....

Andrea said...

I appreciate you sharing with us your patience in waiting. Praying for you all!

Suzie said...

Who ever thought we could possibly wait 1000 days let alone more than that???

Sherri said...

Seriously? Another 1,00o days?

I'm so sorry.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I love your sweet Tongginator's idea! I'll be praying you won't have to wait much longer!

Jboo said...

So sweet -- that Tongginator is one sweet girl, isn't she! Hope you don't have to wait another 1000 days!

Janet

LaLa said...

So sweet....

Hey, Lego Boy is right..a good story is all about the details : )

The Source said...

Praying that it won't be anywhere NEAR 1,000 more days until she gets her little sister!

Aunt LoLo said...

I'm of the opinion, and I think you will agree, that the Tongginator ought to rule as much of the world as she already thinks she does.

Hang in there, my friend.

Gail said...

Wouldn't that be great if she could?

Oh TM, I don't know what to say...I can't see into the future but I hope and pray it won't be that long.

hugs,
Gail

jen@odbt said...

What a sweet girl. My heart goes out to you all. Hoping the wait isn't that much longer.

Rhonda said...

So bittersweet...

Peanut said...

Sweet and sad both at the same time.

Janet said...

That would be the BEST April Fool's EVER!

PIPO said...

No fool, mama. No fool.

prechrswife said...

Precious! Wouldn't it be nice if it were that simple?

mumma to many said...

Well my friend across the sea! I hope that the wait isn't that long and that you have your next Baby sooner rather than later! but no matter what when this baby comes it has a wealth or love to be shared with it!
I so love the story and Emily would tell the children that her sister was here and a few times the teachers had to ask if we knew anything because Emily made Alice come to life with her stories of her! I think kids have a special way of dealing with the wait!
Hugs Ruth in NZ

Briana's Mom said...

Oh how I wish it were true for you. Hugs...

Tammy said...

Praying it's more sooner than later.

CC said...

You go Tongginator! and tell her "hi" from me too! :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Let's hope it's not another thousand days!! Who would have thought we would still be here.....WAITING:(

Jennifer said...

How sweet is the Tongginator!

Katie talks about baby sister all the time. It's so hard to explain that we just have to continue to wait.

Jen

Michelle said...

Glad T is not a shy one. LOL

I can't believe it's been over 1,000 days. My heart goes out to you.

Heather of the EO said...

You both just plain rock!

Patty O. said...

I really admire your patience. I just don't think I could have made it this long like you have. I will be praying that your wait ends soon!

Holly said...

oh my goodness- 1000 days...and yet if you had to wait that many more...when she's in your arms...it will have been worth every one. But then you know that already.