About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Reflections on Our First Year Parenting -- adoptive momma (China) Wendy at Adoption & Fire... home one year now, Wendy shares her thoughts about the ups and downs associated with an international adoption transition

What Kids are Hearing When No One is Talking -- adult adoptee (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... what discrimination do minority children face when adults aren't around to hear?

Saturday with Alison and John
-- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... a recap of the Barker Foundation's annual adoption conference, with speakers adult adoptee author Alison Larkin and Dr. John Raible

46 Months -- adoptive momma (domestic, through the foster care system) Sugar-N-Spice... reflections now that her daughter has lived with them for half her life

Chen and Jane -- adult adoptee (domestic from foster care) and adoptive momma (China) Meredith Teagarden at A Child in the Garden... about the relationship between her daughter and their exchange student from China

Adoption Ignorance... -- adult adoptee (domestic) Laurel at Laurel Blogs... about a recent conversation she experienced with a woman planning to foster to adopt [HAT TIP to Margie of Third Mom]

I am not Paper Pregnant -- waiting to adopt (Thailand) Brian and Rosemary at Becoming a Family... why she doesn't use the term "paper pregnant"

Abortion Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry
-- Her Bad Mother is the daughter of a first mother, a mother herself and a woman who had an abortion years ago... her reflections after reading this post that I linked to last week [HAT TIP to Veronica Mitchell at Toddled Dredge]

Attachment Issues -- guest blogger and adoptive momma (Liberia) Laura, who regularly blogs at The Mouro Family, at Adoption Connect... describing the more subtle signs of attachment issues as well as their family's path to healing

Opening the Gates
-- adult adoptee Kim Jai Ran (Korea) at Harlow's Monkey... tacking the dark side of adoption will mean so much to your adopted child

3 comments:

The Source said...

Some very insightful and thought-provoking posts in there. I enjoyed reading every one. Thanks for digging them up for us.

Wendy said...

AWE! Thanks so much for posting a link to my post. I feel so honored! As usual, I have bookmarked several of the links for reading later tonight.

Jboo said...

Thanks so much for posting the links! I have read some of these and plan to read more.

Janet