About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

She Gets It! (Part III)-- adoptive momma (Haiti) Stacey at Is There Any Mommy Out There?... describing a conversations with her daughter's teacher about the attachment process (also be sure to check out Part I and Part II of her attachment series)

Great Wolf Lodge with OCDF -- adoptive momma (China) Malinda at Adoption Talk... a synopsis of their recent attendance at a China-adoption family seminar sponsored by Our Chinese Daughters Foundation

A Lonely Place to Be
-- first mother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... describing the isolation she feels, especially since so few know that she IS a first mother

I Met Reese's Foster Family -- Monica, jie jie (eighteen-year-old big sis) to Chinese adoptee Reese, at Journey With Reese Maleah Kaijin... describing her recent trip to visit her sister's orphanage

I Found My Birthmother
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Gang Shik at The Transracial Korean Adoptee Nexus... twenty years from now, this could be one of our children

More hard memories from China -- adoptive momma (China) Carla at Life With Katie-bug... her experiences in China, watching her daughter's grief and rejection of her in response to that grief

Silver and Gold Have I (Operation Princess) -- foster momma (India) Sarah Bess, co-founder of India Christian Ministries, at Sarah's Covenant Homes... help these orphaned girls, many with visible special needs, feel beautiful

Breaking the Silence: On Living Pro-Lifer's Choice for Women
... guest blogger first mother Shaker's Anonymous at Shakesville... on adoption not being a pain-free alternative to abortion [HAT TIP to Marley Greiner at The Daily Bastardette]

The grand plan of adoption
-- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... very well-written about God's will and adoption

Articles from ADOPTIVE FAMILIES -- adoptive momma (China) The Happy Hippy at The Happy Hippy Chronicles... a link to downloadable articles from Adoptive Families magazine

Children with SN being referred in the NSN program -- adoptive momma (China) The Rumor Queen at China Adopt Talk... documenting cases of children with medical special needs being referred to families adopting through the non-special needs program

why you shouldn't adopt -- adoptive momma (Liberia and India) Jamie Martin at steadymom.com... adopt when you really, really want to, not because there is a "need"

More life lessons from Charlie's Angels
-- adoptive momma (China) Carrie at Jiaozi... conversations with her children about Asian and Asian-Americans in the media

Exile -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... thoughts about her upcoming reunion with her first family

12 comments:

Holly said...

I never get to read all of these, but today I read about life with Katie-bug and the painful rejection experience in China.
Lived that...OUCH!
I also wanted to just say thank you for linking to these posts for those of us who don't have time to go find them on our own!
Thank you for sharing about Sarah's work in India...I JUST wrote about her work on my private blog and have 10 dresses pledged so far! What an amazing ministry!
Blessings to you and your one of a kind daughter!

Stefanie said...

Wow. I've read two of the links, both AWESOME. Lots to think about... my brain can't handle much more right now, but I'll be back later :)
Thanks for giving us some wonderful things to chew on, TM!

Andrea said...

This is so great.
Thanks for doing this.
can't tell you how much I look forward to the "Sunday" reading.

xoxo,

A

Kim said...

I appreciate your Sunday linkage and wanted to let you know!

Cheers,
Kim

Kiy said...

I rarely get to read all of your links, but I try to get to a couple. This week, the one that I read (among others) that touched my heart: Katie-bug. I know we were lucky. Really really really lucky. There was not one moment of shutdown, not one moment of grieving. Oh, we were prepared - as much as one can be. But reading her story, no way were we prepared. We know we were so very lucky, this showed me (and soon dh and I will have him read it) just honestly how lucky we were. My heart broke for all of them, I couldn't even begin to imagine the pain.

Thank you for sharing links like these. It's rarely easy reading, but it's needed. I learn something each Sunday.

Kiy

malinda said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm happy to say that several of your readers have already dropped by "Adoption Talk!" I hope everyone will pop by and participate by adding comments -- I love "TALK," especially when it's from others in addition to me!

Colleen said...

Whoo hooo Linkage Sunday!!!! I always love these post...off to read.

Wendy said...

Thanks for the Sunday Linkage! As always, you have some good stuff posted.

anymommy said...

What a fantastic resource. I'm honored to be included and thrilled to have found you and all of this wonderful adoption writing through you. Thank you!

Patricia/NYC said...

You know I love Sunday Linkage!!
The first link, "She Gets It Part III" REALLY resonated with me!! This validated so many feelings I have had with "special attention" given by teachers...AWESOME link!!
Thanks, TM!!

sarah bess said...

Thanks so much, Tonggu Mama!! Your site is definitely one of the prettiest I've seen, by the way. I've enjoyed reading some of your older posts. And I know you know it already, but your daughter's gorgeous.

steadymom.com said...

Thanks so much for the link!

Jamie