About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Culture Bearer -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... thoughts she pondered about culture after reading this excellent post at Harlow's Monkey

Parenting Rules I've Broken... Or What An Adopted Child Will Teach You -- adoptive momma (China) Autumn Frymark at Autumn Asks Why.... thoughts on co-sleeping, picky eaters, raising "independent" children and other Rules About Parenting

Babies! -- adoptive momma (China) The Rumor Queen... links list of families who received a China referral this month

Not Enough Chocolate -- adoptive momma (U.S. domestic, living in Australia) Kohana at Growing Family... about the fine line between assuming that a child of color within a white family experiences no suffering - and inserting drama and trauma where none exists

Guest Blog: The Voice of Collateral Damage -- the youngest sister of first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... how adoption impacted her life

Sleep Sweetly -- foster momma (China) Carrie at Signs of Hope... on love and affection within a foster home

One blog post does not a person make -- adoptive momma (China) OmegaMom... in response to a comment she received on a post dated two years ago - an excellent reminder to try to learn more before you judge

Bonding...
YES -- adoptive momma (China) Sheri at Table for Seven... bonding and attachment are a process

10 Ways to Pastor Adoptive Parents and Those Considering Adoption -- Jason Kovacs, Director of Ministry Development for The ABBA Fund, at desiring God... suggestions for adoption ministries [HAT TIP to Jennifer of Family Musings]

Not In My Own Strength -- waiting to adopt (China) Catherine at Catherine's Chatter... thoughts and meditations about her outlook during the long wait to adopt

0 comments: