About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

History -- Chinese-American momma eliaday at Kimchi Mamas... do you have a plan for how to teach your child about Asian-American history?

New Language for Adoptive Children -- adoptive momma (Russia and Guatemala) Marcie at A Child Chosen... simple activities to help increase your child's language skills

Dazed
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds -- her thoughts about her first mother and upcoming reunion trip

A Calling -- adult adoptee (India) Pushpa at Pushpa's Blog -- her thoughts about sharing her adoption story and others' reactions to her adoption story

2.25.09 -- first mother Barb at Cigarettes and Coffee... her thoughts about her child's adoptive parents failing to send updates as originally promised

Madison Imagines Another Life -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Dawn at this woman's work... a recent conversation with her daughter that dealt with her daughter's question, "what if I remained with my first family?"

Cooking with Kids: Funny Fortunes -- Seattle food critic and writer Matthew Amster-Burton at Serious Eats... a cute, funny article about custom fortune cookies with the fortunes written by children [HAT TIP to Aunt Lolo of Bubba Bubbles]

is waiting the hardest part? -- waiting to adopt (China) Kris at Tell Her This... suddenly not so concerned with how much longer she has to wait to adopt


The Big LOVE Competition -- first mother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... excellent post about the love between a first mother and her child and the love between an adoptive momma and her child

The cost of racism -- blogger resistance at Resist Racism... how racism strips Caucasians of their empathy

5 comments:

Kerry said...

You are amazing- every week! Thank you for your links. How do you find all of these fabulous sites each and every week. I am always amazed at how varied and interesting they all are.

Thank you. :) Hugs and have a great week

Patricia/NYC said...

I cannot tell you how much I look forward to your "Sunday Linkage" posts! What a fabulous service you are providing!

You should have linked "yourself" with your post from Friday, which was absolutely wonderful!

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, great linkage!

Alyson and Ford said...

I immediately went to New Language for Adoptive Children as I am drafting a post about AA's language skills and searching for activities and tools we can use. Maybe I am trying too hard for her to "catch up". Thanks!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Pickel said...

I always love that you link to me. Ans, Alyzabeth, so glad I could help and hope you stay around!