About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Who was General Tso? And other mysteries of American Chinese Food -- a 16 minute talk given by Jennifer 8. Lee as part of Ted Talks... a funny, witty and educational video about the history of Chinese-American food and it's impact on popular culture [HAT TIP to Aunt Lolo of Bubba Bubbles]

sponsoring a child -- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him... her reasons for choosing to sponsor a child from her son's birth country

Lying to Myself -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... how one simple question can lead to so much inner turmoil

Not Another Racism Post -- adoptive momma (China) Autumn at Autumn Asks Why... three important lessons she's learned about racism

A weekend immersed in adoption -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... a reminder of how starkly unbalanced is the adoption triad

And another thing... and Okay, maybe not all of them -- blogger resistance at Resist Racism... more about the Miley Cyrus photograph and the implications for Chinese-adoptive families

Who Really Has the Right to Judge Birthmothers?
-- first mother Claudia Corrigan D'Arcy at Musings of the Lame... stereotypes about first mothers and why other women judge them

The Lucky Ones -- adoptive momma (China) Lisa at The Mammahood... in adoption, the adoptive parents, not the children, are the "lucky" ones

3 comments:

Meredith Teagarden (The Things We Carried) said...

General Tso is man of war? Fortune cookies are really from Japan? Chinese broccoli with beef is not Chinese? oh dear!

Colleen said...

I always love your Sunday linkage : )

Dita said...

Tonggu Mama.....I have been reading your Sunday links for some time now and I have never said "thank you" for compiling all these fantastic places for me to visit. You really are something!

Your blog is...how can I say...the icing on my cake everyday! I just love reading how your mind works!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!