About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Top Ten Chinese Characters for Travelers in China to Know -- English teacher in Guangzhou Albert Wolfe at Laowei Chinese... important characters to memorize - like, the characters for man and woman, so you don't feel embarrassed when walking out of a restroom

Is anger a good or bad thing?
-- adult adoptee (domestic) Amy at her blog Amy Adoptee... anger and adoption - and the importance of separating someone's story from yourself

why are all the asian kids sitting with miley cyrus? -- adoptive momma (China) Mama D (leaving today for China!) at zarfing sunshine... about the single-most talked about photograph of February 2009

Just a Kid -- blogger resistance at resist racism... a commentary on Miley Cyrus' recent photograph showing her using her fingers to distort her eye shape (for a view of the photograph, click here)

ASK ARP: How important is diversity when choosing a school? -- a Q&A response from blog editor Carmen Van Kerckhove at Anti-Racist Parent... an adoptive parent writes in, asking a question that so many ponder, then Carmen responds

Dear all adoptees, from a half sister who doesn't know you -- halfsister at the blog The Halfsister... (background - this blog offers the unique perspective of an adult child who recently discovered her dad fathered a son she never knew about) about her dad's reluctance for others to know about her halfbrother A.

not so wordless today -- waiting to adopt (China) Kaycee at stories of life in the middle of adoption... a realization that, while her wait will soon end, her daughter's first mother may never stop waiting

Did I Ever Tell You the Time About... -- adoptive momma (China) Mom to 5, Daughter of The King at The Jobe Abode... about the connections you sometimes make with others also touched by adoption (some of them famous)

5 comments:

Suzie said...

I love these posts and look forward to them every Sunday!

Thanks!

prechrswife said...

I haven't looked at all of the links yet, but the Miley Cyrus thing has steam coming out of my "Mama ears." Thankfully, my girls don't know anything about Hannah Montana yet.

Misty said...

ok, tm, you did me in tonight.. i've been sucked in by the 'net for hours and haven't even checked email OR facebook yet. sad.
seriously, tho, i've clicked on link after link after link of blogs and articles talking about the MC pic and the ensuing comments/reactions/thoughts on racism. wow. wow. wow. i've had tons of food for thought tonight, but i'm gonna have to go to bed eventually!! heavy, but good, stuff tonight.

Anonymous said...

please see the link >

http://about-orphans.blogspot.com

a Tonggu Momma said...

Anonymous ~

You've already linked once to this blog post, but I am not going to allow you to link to this same exact post week after week. If you have something new you would like to share, that is wonderful. Otherwise, please know that I shall be deleting your same comment (with it's link to that same blog post) on subsequent weeks.

I am not at all afraid of facing the tough truths about adoption. I believe that my links each week reflect that. I am not, however, interested in promoting one anonymous person's personal agenda.

I've allowed you to post this link twice. I believe that is fair.