About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

The Starfish Cleft Home -- founder of the Starfish foster homes (China) Amanda de Lange at the NEW Throwing Starfish blog... a plea for sponsors for nine cleft-affected babies (the husband and I are co-sponsors for Tina - please consider helping!)

Amos and Andy Come To Dinner -- ARP contributor and member of an interracial family Lucie, who regularly blogs at Unconventional Origins, at the blog Anti-Racist Parent... the importance of the words "tell me what happened" when you are a member of a mixed race family

The Secret (Final Post)
-- adoptive momma (China) Meredith Teagarden at A Mother Singing... one momma's journey from just before referral until several years home

Exclusive Interview with Kim Noonan
-- adult adoptee (Vietnam) Kev Minh at Ethnically Incorrect... an interesting interview by Minh with Kim Noonan, an adult adoptee (Vietnam) and film maker

Humanize Me -- first mother Suz at Writing My Wrongs... describing ways in which society dehumanizes first parents

Alternate Universes -- adult adoptee (Korea) Kim at The Land of the Morning Calm... wondering and reflecting, 'how would she be different if she stayed with her first family?' [HAT TIP to Margie at Third Mom]

More on the blame and entitlement stuff -- first father Brad at diarrhea of a madman... more about the roles that first parents, adoption professionals, prospective adoptive parents and society play in the relinquishment of a child

3 comments:

delucchi family said...

Great links again and just had a little catch up read and have to say I love the questions, or rather the answers to said questions. What a girl!!
Love Jules
xxx

Carolina Mama said...

What a riot the China! Part Deux is a riot! Too cute.

Lucie @ Unconventional Origins said...

Thanks for the link, and I am glad you could get something from the post.

Your family is adorable and I really like the look and feel of your blog! Looks like I have some new reading to distract me during class!