About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Twenty-Three Things This Korean Adoptee Thought About as a Child -- adult adoptee (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... one of my favorite posts ever by one of my favorite adult adoptee bloggers

fraternal cultures -- adoptive parent (China) mama d at zarfing sunshine... the importance of incorporating modern Chinese-American culture into your family

Adult Adoptee Book Recommendations
and Adult Adoptee Blogs: Harlow's Monkey -- adoptive parent (China) The Rumor Queen... two posts within her "The Writings of Adult Adoptees" series; the first link lists several excellent books, the second link lists some of her (and my) favorite past blog posts written by Jae Ran Kim of Harlow's Monkey, an amazing blogger whose blog isn't quite so active anymore

Amending the Past
-- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... more about intentions, consequences and impact, as it pertains to adoption

What I have always told Jazzie
-- adoptive momma (China) Sandra at The Daily Grind... describing how she and her daughter Jazzie talk about adoption

3 comments:

bbmomof2boys said...

I hope that our girls grow up strong and confident in who they are. This is something that I worried about with my boys also. All we can do as parents is be honest with our girls and love them and let them be mad or sad if thats how they feel. KWIM? When Little T had her episodes - only 3 (which truly scares me) I cried right along with her and told her it was okay that she was missing China and that we loved her and it was okay if she was feeling mad. I don't want to hijack your post so it looks like I have a post I need to write about this. Thanks TM!!

Hugs,
Carla

Monica said...

I always find something in your Sunday linkage that leaves me pondering! Thank you for ferreting out these posts and sharing them here with the rest of us!

discombobulated said...

I really learned from these posts this week.