About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, February 18, 2009

She Tells Me What to Do

Early last week, the momma of a Tongginator classmate stopped me in the hall to share a conversation she had with her son the night before.

You know how there is always "one child" in every class? Well, this momma was trying to discover, in a round-about, discrete kind of way if her son was having any problems with "that child" in the classroom. To psych out her son, so he wouldn't know she was requesting info on "that one," she asked about ALL of his classmates.

At this point, I should probably say that I LOVE this momma. She and I clicked as soon as we met, on the first day of school in September. And she totally gets that I am Real about my daughter. The Tongginator is an A-plus little gal, but - ya know - sometimes she is a little... umm... much. And this momma's little boy? Well... let's just say that he and the Tongginator have a Special Relationship.

LEGO BOY'S MOM
: Lego Boy, tell me about your classmates at school. Do you play with PeterPeter much?

(PeterPeter is Shell's son... and cousin to Pocket and Posies, my friend Rosie's twins.)

LEGO BOY: Not really. He just likes to walk around pretending he's a germ all the time. He shouts a lot.

LEGO BOY'S MOM: What does he shout?

LEGO BOY: Oh, stuff like, "I'm gonna infect you!" and "I'm a germ!" Stuff like that. It's kinda weird.

LEGO BOY'S MOM: Uh, okay. (totally thinking, 'that IS weird') Well... what about the Tongginator?

LEGO BOY: She's pretty cool. She likes to tell me what to do all the time though.

LEGO BOY'S MOM: She does? And what do you do?

LEGO BOY: (looking at his momma like she was an idiot) I do it. (a pause, then speaking slowly, as if explaining to a young child) Mom, you really... REALLY... don't wanna make the Tongginator mad.

Lego Boy's mom told me she laughed so hard, she forgot to ask about "that one." She knew she was gonna have to start all over after dinner.

30 comments:

Jennifer said...

So I have to ask, does The Tongginator ever get in trouble? :)

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Thank you for a morning laugh! By the way, I have 4 kids like that! The boss, not the one who does it... And, it really helps to have your eyes open to reality and to have a great sense of humor! <3

bbmomof2boys said...

Oh how funny!!! You go Tongginator - show them early who's the boss!!

Hugs,
Carla

happygeek said...

Good to see she has him well trained already:).

Dawn said...

"Mom, you really... REALLY... don't wanna make the Tongginator mad."

I can so relate... because I'm sure that is what is said behind my back! Even to my face occasionally. Love that girl!!!

Blessings!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That is hysterical....looks like she has him wrapped right around her little finger....along with a few others I am sure:)

Lisa

The Source said...

I love it! A girl's gotta make sure the boys understand how it is right away. My hubby came to bed lasy night after catering to our girl and said, "I pity her future husband!"

Debbie said...

That girl is going to train a fine husband one day!

Patricia/NYC said...

Oh. My. Goodness. This is FUNNY!!!
Well, nothing wrong with the T havin' girl power, right?! This will server her well later on with the boys! lol!!

Kerry said...

That sounds about right. LegoBoy is one smart cookie too/ And Little T- a girl after my own heart. Gotta keep em in line!

Oh soooo funny.

Cheri said...

That is funny! Glad the mom laughed.

Kera's bus driver told me a couple weeks ago that she knew who would wear the pants in the house once Kera was married. I laughed because it's true!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Great!
That child of yours is going to take care of herself! Celebrate it!

Sherri said...

Let me just say that when I was a teacher, the kids like the T were my absolute favorite in the class. The really "good" ones who never did anything wrong? Not for me.

The ones with a little spice? PERFECT!!!! I don't know, maybe I have issues with never being the perfect child in a class. Maybe I just understand them somewhat. I don't know.

She sounds like a firecracker! And how perceptive of Lego Boy to know his place!

sherri

prechrswife said...

Hilarious!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hahahaha... that's my girl... she has it and knows how to use it... hehehe

Norah said...

So funny! He'll make a good husband some day..hehehe.

Jill said...

I am laughing so hard that Lucy just came running down the hall and asked what was so funny!

I LOVE it! She is just so darn cute!! You go T!!!

Meredith Teagarden(The Things we Carried) said...

Oh, I LOVE the spunk of your girl and the way you tell of it :)!

Aunt LoLo said...

Oh my good heavens...that is HILARIOUS! Miss T is gonna rule the world someday!!! And she doesn't even have to try!

Briana's Mom said...

SNORT! That is freakin' hilarious!

LaLa said...

So funny...I think she'll go far in life : )

CC said...

Hee hee! We all don't want to make the Tongginator mad! ;0

Heather of the EO said...

What a smart child. He's learned a very important life lesson. Listen and do what the head-strong ladies tell you to do. Or else :)

Mamatini said...

Heeeeee, that made me laugh! She's got everyone right where she wants them.

Snowflowers Mum said...

hmmm...I'd stay away from the germ boy...but your girl sounds a LOT like mine!...and thats one smart boy!

Janet said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patty O. said...

That is just too, too funny. I love the spunk!!!

Monica said...

THAT story is utterly PRICELESS!!!

Beverly said...

Good for her. She has to train her boys early!

gritandglory.com said...

attaboy!