About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yes, She Does Say O'Rock

Y'all, the Tongginator truly did (mostly) dictate that letter to me yesterday morning. I edited a bit for clarity, but the misspellings and basic ideas are all Tongginatorisms. She really does say O'Rock. She tends to drop the A on American, so we morph into Mericans. We DID watch the Inaggeration yesterday. And of course the Tongginator totally shared her thoughts on all she saw.

TONGGINATOR: Momma, when I grow up, I'm gonna be President.

TONGGU MOMMA
: That's a wonderful thing to be, honey bear. And you are smart enough to be President, but remember (cringe), the law says you can't be President because you were born in China.

TONGGINATOR: But Momma, President O'Rock Obama can fix that if he wants to.

TONGGU MOMMA: Yes, he can.

TONGGINATOR: Well, he wants to. And I'm gonna be President when I'm grown-up. And on my Inaggeration Day, I'm gonna wear my pink flip flops with bows on them and a Princess crown and my cool beach sunglasses.

TONGGU MOMMA: (laughing) I'm sure you'll look beautiful, Tongginator.

Hmm... For some reason, this reminds me of another day in recent Tongginator history. Can we say Hadron Super Collider, the world's largest particle accelerator?

playing Inaggeration Speech Bingo with M&Ms
hat tip to CC at If Only I Had Super Powers

27 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

LOL!! It is scary that I called this one yesterday....of course she didn't mention her butterfly wings....maybe that phase is over?

If she is going to be president...she can wear whatever she wants....I just love her spirit:)

Rhonda said...

Ok, we SO need a picture of that. ;)

bbmomof2boys said...

what gets me is how you managed to say it AGAIN!! eeeeeeeeeee!!

Oh - and I read your note and had to go back and re-read Tongginator's letter to Mr. O'Rock...OMG!! I totally read MEXICAN and NOT MERICAN!! Jeez...you were probably wondering what I was talking about and how I got on the subject of Chico!!!

Too funny!

Hugs,
Carla

Alyson and Ford said...

You go Tonggniator girl! And who knows, maybe AA will be your running mate for the first all-female ticket!
peace
fm

Peanut said...

I'll be watching for the day she becomes Ms. President Tongginator! And I'll know it's her by the pink flip-flops, princess crown, and beach sunglasses! I guess her innaguration day will be in the summer? (I didn't see anyone in flip-flops yesterday!!)

As usual, she's too cute!

Dawn said...

For THAT inauguration (the one with the Pres. elect wearing pink flip flops with bows on them and a Princess crown and cool beach sunglasses), I WILL fight the cold and the crowds.

You go, T!!!

Blessings!

Sharie said...

Our girls are smart fashionistas!

Debbie said...

What an angel. She has my vote.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I have loved these last posts. she is adorable, but you don't need me to tell you that.

Lauren's Nana said...

Miss T. We will all be there when you become president!!! And you will be the best our country has ever had with your spirit:).

Heather of the EO said...

I love her confidence (especially her hope for a change in that law)

And I love it that both she and Miles call the Prez O'Rock :)

Gail said...

TM, If you stop by my blog you'll see that I gave you an award.

:) Gail

Valarie Lea said...

She is just so cute!

Aunt LoLo said...

Vote for the Tongginator!

Norah said...

She's got my vote! I love how she already has her outfit planned for the big future event. That's my kinda girl!

Shawnstribe said...

Oh Baby, i'll vote for you!!!!!!
xxx
s

prechrswife said...

Love that! Hubby and I were just talking last night how we can tell our oldest that she can be anything she wants when she grows up except President of the US. (Summarized to fit into a brief comment.) Thing is, her sister and brother will have that opportunity. It is amazing how many things international adoption puts in a new perspective, isn't it?

The Byrd's Nest said...

I LOVE her letter and with her personality......she could totally be President!!!

Janet said...

I love her spunk! The Tongginator for Prez!

Elizabeth Channel said...

Wonderful. I just love this!

OziMum said...

Oh to be a child and actually have some faith in the leaders of the country?!!! :)

I'd vote for the Tongginator!! Hey, if the Terminator can get in, I can't see what's stopping the Tongginator!!!

CC said...

You played my game!!!!!! :) :) :)

Just remember that EVERYTHING he wore on the Inauguration Day was bulletproof. So she'll need bulletproof bows, flipflops, sunglasses, etc. ;)

Lisa Cairney said...

The Tongginator is scary smart. And I love that she's already planning her inauguration outfit...it's all about the clothes, you know. :)

Jamie said...

LOL, she has it all planned out. What would a history-in-the-making inauguration be without pink flip-flops and princess crown? :)

The Source said...

I had to come back and comment this one...because we had an office meeting today and I thought of the Tongginator and O'Rock.

There's this sweet but very feisty elderly real estate agent in our office...she's like 82 years old, doesn't hear well, walks with a cane, and still works every single day. She's the most succesful person in our agency. You wouldn't dare NOT buy a house if she told you to.

And she calls our new president "Brack Ramada."

Kiy said...

I loved the post, but the picture just got me. I love it! I had to make a note of the game, what a great idea.

Cheers, Kiy

Jennifer said...

Well if she wears that outfit, she will have Katie Min Min's vote!

Jen