About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, January 26, 2009

The Ugly Mug Shot

I am now officially the World's Worst Mother. My poor little Tongginator. But - alas! - my competitive spirit overpowered any and all maternal instincts. Behold my contribution to Linda's Ugly Mug Contest.


The Tongginator created it for me last year, with help from Tonggu Grammy. I realize it's a little difficult to see her creation, but I can explain that. Really.


Allow me to provide you with a closer look. You know, so that you can adequately judge the Tongginator's artistic endeavors. Oh, and MY ugly mug.


So there you have it. My ugly mug depicting my ugly mug. I doubt it could get worse than that. Just don't tell the Tongginator.

For more photos of mugs that don't deserve to hold Manna From Heaven, also known as coffee, click over to Linda's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee, where you can enter and judge The Ugliest Mug.

13 comments:

Becky said...

Very cool, a mug of your mug, literally. I love it and don't worry I'll never tell the Tongginator. ;-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh, poor little Tongginator! It wasn't her fault! That Daddy! I did crack up at her rendition of a human face because it sort of looks like a mummy to me--get it? OK, this mug does qualify but only under the conditions that Dad completely ruined it, and by no fault of the little one herself. Because she is perfect.

Beverlydru said...

I came by to see your mug. I amused myself with the unexpected competitive spirit that popped up with this contest. Now if it was a sprots contest - I'll watch thank you. It's the Starbucks card. Pretty valuable prize. : )

Dena said...

LOL at not being dishwasher safe. Oh those daddies!

Love your mug. Good luck today!

Marsha said...

I seriously thought about promising each entrant to vote for their mug if they would vote for mine but figured my guilt would be as obvious as a stain on a blue dress... so I'm simply here to grovel.

How sweet this mug is and I just have to wonder, if it came from such loving little hands can it really be considered ugly? But then, I have to admit that my ugly mug came from small hands as well although it was purchased by them and not hand made. Points to you for also shamelessly using your child to garner votes for your ugly mug... we need to stick together!

Marsha

Esthermay said...

You realize, of course, that posting this on the Internet seals its permanancy for all eternity!
Tongginator will surely know you bashed his mug. :-(
So I give you points for your boldness.
And with the details pointed out so nicely... WHY YES! This is ugly!
But. . . come on! Poor Tongginator.

RissaRoo said...

Too funny! Rats about the dishwasher...I'm sure that when your little one grows up to be a very famous artist, this mug will be worth a bazillion dollars. I'm loving this contest...it's fun to get to meet everyone and I'm having a great time laughing over all the entries!

Heather of the EO said...

Pig noses are sort of cute. I think...

Mocha with Linda said...

The points you get for the dishwasher damage are canceled out by the points subtracted for breaking your child's poor heart.

Too funny!

Patty O. said...

Great mug! I love it.

Susanne said...

Love the portrait! Sad sad that the dishwasher did it's work upon it.

Tonggu Grammy said...

How can anyone not love this work of art made by such loving little hands? She worked so hard on it and nearly bit off her tongue as she concentrated. I cannot and will not vote for it as the ugliest mug!!!!! Now what her father did to it might qualify.

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

When she grows up to be a famous artist, you will be so glad you held on to this and so ashamed that you entered it into an 'UGLY' contest.

It will be a true mash-up of mom-guilt and pride.