About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Extra Note: This week sparked a lot of talk on adoption blogs, most notably due to a recent post by Dawn Friedman at this woman's work. It's a lot of heavy reading, but I hope y'all find it as useful as I did.

Heavy adoption questions -- adoptive momma (domestic, transracial, open) Dawn at this woman's work sparked a VERY interesting discussion in the comments section, which led adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling to write this post about intentions versus impact; adoptive momma (domestic, transracial, open) Shannon to write this post about adoption choices and ethics; and firstfather Brad to write this post about blame, entitlement and the adoption chasm

The AM101 -- adoptive parents Doug and Carmi (China) of Henderson Home Online... a nifty computer gadget that provides English to Mandarin and Mandarin to English bi-directional translation; helpful especially if adopting an older child

One Agency, One Letter
-- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Heather at Production, Not Reproduction... a letter to their former adoption agency in regard to its marketing efforts

What a dream I had -- firstmother paragraphein at Living... her feeling about her daughter's names, before and after adoption

Attachment Talk -- adoptive momma (China) The Rumor Queen... lingering attachment "stuff" that she sees in her girls

Gratitude and Adoption -- adoptive momma (Korea) Margie at Third Mom... exploring the issue of gratitude and the relationship between adoptive parent and adoptee

Consider This -- firstmother Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... an eloquent description of a firstmother's thoughts about her child

The Ten Best Books on or about Chinese Women in 2008 -- student Nicole E. Barnes at The China Beat... for any book lover, especially those who've adopted from China

To search or not to search -- adult adoptee (Korea) InMySeoul at In my Seoul... his thought process about whether or not to search for his birth family and, if so, when [HAT TIP to Margie of Third Mom]

Our Daughter -- adoptive momma (China) AmFam at American Family... thoughts surrounding communication with their daughter's orphanage after adoption

Yes, Kids Are Still Doing It
-- adult adoptee (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... describes a recent racial incident that occurred at the school where she substitute teaches

7 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

Honestly Tonggu Momma, your the best taking time out to do this each week. It is appreciated.

Lea
xo

PS. Your little black birds are so cute on your page. I have very similar ones (green) that are stickers type things (wall art) on the landing of my stairs to the basement. They cheer me up as I am heading to the laundry.

Ivy said...

Thank you for such wonderful and interesting information. I really appreciate it. It's hard to find everything in one book/article, but this entry is a great source for a bit of everything.

Thanks TM

Hugs,

Ivy

delucchi family said...

Oh my where do you find the time? to read all these blogs and post all these links. I stand in awe!!
Love Jules

Kristy said...

It is so good of you to do this, you are an incredible lady.

Love, Kristy

Colleen said...

Thank you for all the great information...where do you find all of this. You are awesome!!! Thanks!!!

Missy said...

These are REALLY great links this week. Very thoughtprovoking. Thank you for taking time out to do this. I look for them every Sunday : )

Anonymous said...

PLease see the link >

http://about-orphans.blogspot.com