About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Is There A Right Way? -- columnist Liza Talusan at the blog Anti-Racist Parent... Talusan asks if there a correct way to talk with your children about race; the comments are excellent as well

Institutional Autism -- adoptive momma (Russia) Marcie at A Child Chosen... a clear and concise description of autism that develops as a result of institutional living

Chinese New Year, Spring Festival: Our Celebration and Jiaozi-- adoptive momma (China) the Rumor Queen... the importance of celebrating Chinese New Year and how her family does it

Where I Try Not to Dance Around the Issue -- first mother (semi-open, domestic) Thanksgiving Mom at I Should Really Be Working... thoughts about a recent communication with her daughter's adoptive mother

cultures clash -- adoptive momma (China) mama d at zarfing sunshine... thoughts about her German-Chinese-American family during their Christmas in Germany

Bringing a little of China into your home -- adoptive momma (China) Gail at Aging With Grace and Strong Will... decorating with an Asian flair - and why it's important

Betrayal To My Memory -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at The Original Heping... thoughts about her mothers

many reasons I rarely write about adoption -- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him: Ramblings of a Mid-Life Mom... excellent post about her reasons for shifting her blog's focus

Adjustment -- adoptive momma (Uganda) Janet at Tuininga Treasures... on the bonding and attachment process, after eight months together

3 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

I love getting a broader understanding of the Chinese culture. I am thankful to you and Gail on an on going basis.

This morning I picked up on the "Spring Festival" thing from RQ.

have the BEST Sunday.

Lea
xo

Shawnstribe said...

i so want to be more creative, but 1 year down the line after adoption, i still find my life is one big blur!!!!
i so appreciate your links, there are always deep thoughts in them : )
xxx
s

Meredith Teagarden said...

I Should Really Be Working is the one I will choose. The topic you mention there has me interested. Wish I had time to read them all!!!