About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

The Tongginator woke me up this morning by breathing in my face at 7:15. This is actually my normal wake-up time, but we all know that New Year's Day is not the day for typical in terms of early morning activities. Because, you know, we stay up late the night before. And also (gasp!) some of us drink the night before. Even those who only drink two to three times a year will imbibe with a glass or two or twelve on New Year's Eve.

And then there's me.

I drink coffee on New Year's... and sometimes Diet Coke with added carcinogens Lime... because it's slightly less lame than drinking water or fruit juice. I do avoid the morning after hangover with this game plan, but - unfortunately - I ingest the equivalent of an oil tanker's load in caffeine. Yep, it kept me up until well after 2 AM.

Me who is not typically a morning person ANYWAY.

And so, when the Tongginator greeted me with her oh-so-minty-fresh morning breath at 7:15 AM, I rolled over and slunk even deeper into the depths of my covers. And then...

TONGGINATOR: I said Happy New Year, Momma!

TONGGU MOMMA: grumble grumble moan

TONGGINATOR: Momma, what do we get to do on New Year's Day?

TONGGU MOMMA: Tongginator, on New Year's Day adults sleep in late... and then they watch football.

TONGGINATOR: grumble grumble moan

Happy New Year, everyone! May you have a blessed 2009.

19 comments:

Special K said...

Happy New Year TM!
Slowly but surely we're making our way to China. Well, you're making your way again.... but you know what I mean. LOL!

PS. Hope you get a nap today. I'll be taking one to try to rid myself of this hangover. :P

Ivy said...

HI TM,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

OH the previous post had me rolling on the floor! You are so funny! I started to read about the "mistress" and thought, gee she must have a sense of humor to write about that, then I saw her and realized, sometimes us SAHM, or working mom's do take a "back seat" No pun intended here, to our husbands' habits and obsessions. Way tooooooo cute of a post!

Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

Ivy

Kim said...

Happy New Year!

gritandglory.com said...

i was up way past 2 as well. and on baby-duty this morning, so was aware from the moment peaberry start stirring around 5:00. sheesh. thankfully she didn't really start fussing until ten to 7. and the best part was that then she cuddled in bed with me for 30 minutes. before i had to take her (and her mom) to the airport to fly back to south africa...

Chris and Deb said...

LOL TM! We were awakened early by a little someone too! That little someone is getting stir crazy now....guess to much football! Happy New Year to all of you at OLT!

CC said...

Happy New Year!

My mom got me out of bed at 7 to go to a museum. The kids cried when I woke them up. We all went to bed after midnight, with me not falling asleep until 2am and Prof X at 5am. Both of us needed Rx to get to sleep. :(

Rhonda said...

Happy new year!

Andrea said...

Happy New Year. All of us were up to 1:30 so we emerged anywhere from 9:00am to 10:00am. Definately regular bedtime tonight:)

Janet said...

There was football today? What is that again? Is it the one where they push a puck around the ice with sticks? Oh, right....that's hockey. IS there any other sport?

Dita said...

Oh my.....you are hysterical. I was going to join Weight Watchers as my New Years' resolution, however, I have rethought that and decided I'm just going to pop on over to your blog each and every day and laugh my belly right the heck off!

You really have talent! Happy New Year, TM!

Kristin said...

I was up late because I was waiting for my 17 year old to return from her party. Nothing fun at my house. Except jammies early for mom. And many caffeinated drinks.....I just won't say what was added.

The little ones were up at the usual crack of dawn time (when will they learn to sleep late??). But we have survived the day.

Have a happy New Year!

back to football............

Working Mom said...

Happy New Year! I also slept so late, but my daughter slept late too. I guess it was okay for her to go beyond her sleeping time because it allowed me to sleep longer. She was still in deep sleep when I woke up. What a way to start the year. Wish you all the best!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Happy New Years to you, friend!
I hope you got back to sleep!
Becky

Patricia/NYC said...

Happy New Year to you & your fam!!
I was up way past 2 too...in fact, I was up ALL. NIGHT. LONG...a big party? Nooooo....little Miss woke up at midnight to the sound of the firworks & was scared silly & couldn't get back to sleep until morning!!! sigh....

Suzie said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I can't wait for the day to have a little one waking me up first thing in the morning :o)

Lisa Cairney said...

Or they go shopping with all their children and husband in tow...GRUMBLEGRUMBLEMOAN.... :) Happy New Year, my dear!

Colleen said...

Happy New Year!!! I wish I could sleep in just one day.
My New Years resolution is to come out of lurking and post comments on the blogs I visit : ) so I'm officially de-lurking. I wasn't about to give up chocolate or decide to lose weight. : ) Those are resolutions I know I can't keep!

Your daughter is adorable!!! And you are so funny! Stop by my blog "The Nuthouse" one day for a visit : ) W

kris said...

Oh how I can't wait for 2010.. hope that's EXACTLY how I'm awakened :O)

Alyson and Ford said...

What a great way to wake up each morning! Love sleeping late and watching football (plus we take down the Christmas decorations).We had our adult beverage early as when AA goes to bed, we are there shortly afterward (we are not night owls!!).

Alyzabeth's Mommy