About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, January 15, 2009

George on Jeopardy!

I'm killing two birds with one stone today! Another Tonggu Momma, Shelley, (yes, there are more Tonggu Mommas out there) tagged me for a meme that fits right in with Kristen's Sincerely Fro Me To You carnival. The meme instructed me to open up the fourth photo folder on my computer and then post the fourth picture there. I followed the rules exactly and... you aren't gonna believe this, but... I planned to post about this photo sometime before Christmas.

Only I never got around to it.

It's a rather odd subject for a picture - not too many people actually take photographs of their television screens - but, y'all, I'm wacky like that. What can I say?


So why in the world did I take this picture of a Jeopardy! Daily Double? About a city named George, Washington? A "city" that boasted a population of less than 600 people in 2007? Well, y'all, the husband spent much of his childhood in George. His grandparent's farm sat within the "city" limits. The town also possessed a truck stop, post office, trailer park and the non-famous, yet cleverly named, Martha's Inn.

And I promise you that there weren't nearly 600 people living in George during the seventies. There were, however, plenty of oats.

the husband and his grandfather, with dog Duke, on the farm in George

As you can see.

Now to tag four people... my last four commenters -- Janet, Wendy (Sorry, Wendy, I know this is the very first time you've commented!), mama d and a little leprechaun. And for more flashbacks, check out Sincerely Fro Me To You at We Are THAT Family.

Oh... and for all y'all who consider yourselves trivia buffs... who are chomping at the bit to know the answer to the Jeopardy! clue... I'll give you a hint. It's not apples. And it is somewhat related to chopping down a specific tree.

29 comments:

Dawn said...

I hate that show. It's not that I don't often know the answers, it's that my brain can't form the answer into a questions fast enough. Makes me feel like an idiot even when I know the answer. Ha ha!

Marla said...

Haha! I don't think any pictures in my folders would be quite that interesting to post about, LOL.

Oh, and what are cherries? George, Washington...what else could it be? ;)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Very cool! And I love the pic.
I'm proud of myself for actually knowing the answer! Woo hoo!

mama d said...

Thank you ? for the tag. It was actually fun to walk down that particular memory lane.

Aunt LoLo said...

George, huh? Well, the nice thing asbout small towns is that at least you know you're important!

McEwens said...

How fun that was to see his hometown as the question!

(Thanks for the DECODING email!)

Valarie Lea said...

What is the cherry?

Did I get the answer right??

We are THAT Family said...

It cracks me up that you took a picture of Jeopardy!

Debbie said...

You have a talent for taking clear photos of the TV! Maybe there is a career in there somewhere.

Brooke said...

i love jeopardy! :)

i remember my family playing along growing up and me feeling left out because i was too young to know the answers.

Meredith Teagarden said...

No way! I have been to George, Washington!

Quirky Mom said...

For a second I thought you weren't going to tell us the answer and I was about to yell at you. But now I know. Phew.

Nice picture, by the way!

Janet said...

This sounds like an interesting meme....I might actually do it. :-)

redmaryjanes said...

How are you girl?
I'm going to guess cherry...am I right?

Lula! said...

If my hometown was featured on Jeopary, I'd do the biggest post about it that you ever did see. So I dig you for doing this!

Heather of the EO said...

I saw "George on Jeopardy" and first of all I smiled because I'm sitting here watching Jeopardy while reading blogs. Then I thought it was going to be about someone you know on Jeopardy and I thought, MAYBE IT'S TODAY!!! But I'm not disappointed. I get it now, George is a TOWN. And that picture makes me smile too because it reminds me of my grandpas in their small towns. Wow, I'm going on and on....

Shawnstribe said...

you lost me, must be because i'm foreign ; )
i love the photo though : )
xxx
s

Sharon said...

What a cool post! Is that why your hub is such a great guy!?? You missy are so cute.. I had to pop over after reading one of your commetns to someone else! It made me laugh. We are all a little blessed every time you leave your wit! A little chuckle goes a long way!!

OziMum said...

OK... I had no idea what you were talking about with your Jeopardy question!!! Firstly, we don't have Jeopardy here (although seen it on many films.. ie bucketlist!) And I struggle with Australian Geography let alone another country!!! hehehe!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This was great!

Sharie said...

This was great! I on the other hand would have a clip art photo of a candy cane to blog about - yeah, my life is THAT exciting:)

Muthering Heights said...

Cute tie-in!

Peanut said...

I've been to George! Probably 7 years ago we went to a Tim McGraw concert at the Gorge Ampitheater near there. That was an amazing experience!

I still can't get over the name George, Washington. Cracks me up every time!

Misty said...

the only species (is that the right word/connotation?) is "bing"... well i guess there could be "black" cherries as well, but i don't think that's a technical term.. i'm trying to think of what other street names there are!

Jenny in Utah said...

So did your husband's grandparents live on "Bing Boulevard"? Great pics, and I have taken photos of the tv before, too!

a Tonggu Momma said...

As to the cherry varieties, the Husband informs me that there is more to life than Bing Cherries. Who knew? Not me! He remembers Lapins, Ranier, Lambert and Chelan. He thinks there are more, but he can't remember. And he reminded me that George doesn't have all that many streets. :)

Patty O. said...

That's great. And thanks for answering the Jeopardy question. I am such a nerd, the whole time I was reading your post, I kept wondering what the answer to the question was.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

That is soooo neat

Sarah said...

I'VE BEEN TO GEORGE!

I feel like such a weirdo when I tell people about it.

Thank you for making me feel normal, well, more normal.