About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fabulous, Times Two

Y'all, Gail and Debz are so, so sweet. Last week they both gifted me with this:


Isn't she gorgeous? I would never look that fabulous... not in a million years. Because, historically, I dress like this:

TM with two of my residents (I was an RA), 1993

Now I realize my college buddies here are wearing outfits that scream "EARLY NINETIES," but what is WITH my sweatshirt? And is it absolutely awful that I still own said sweatshirt?

I know some of you are thinking, 'Wait... Tonggu Momma doesn't DO awards. And she retaliates.' Well... Gail and Debz are absolutely lovely ladies who are rather new to reading my blog. They are sweet as all get out. And... shh... they don't know about the But(t) Award, so please don't tell them. You wouldn't want to stick these wonderful ladies with something as ugly as THAT, would you?

I didn't think so.

17 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

I say there's no time like the present - I'm sure they'd love the award! ;-)

Oh, and (sshhhhh) your blog IS fabulous!

Hey, look at that - you're one follower away from 100! Congrats :-)

Debbie said...

I had no idea I wasn't a designated follower! So, I am lucky number 100. Usually, there is some gifting to go with that. Do you need my address?

OziMum said...

Well deserved, I say... even if you did look a tad on the daggy side in the 90s! (but hey... didn't we all?!!!)

OH MY #6 said...

and your BLOG is Fabulous!

Lea
xo

Meredith Teagarden said...

Congrats. You deserve this one!

Gail said...

You don't do awards! LOL...I STILL think you're fabulous TM, even with the sweatshirt and giving me the but(t) award. Yes I'm a newbee. :) And your blog is fabulous too.

And 100 followers, whoo hoo.

Elizabeth Channel said...

Oh my! I was about to give you some awards until I read this! So glad I did!

Congrats on the awards and the followers :)

happygeek said...

I think that sweatshirt's long-lost twin hangs in my closet.
I personally like the stone-washed jeans. They're FABULOUS. Or something like that.

Andrea said...

Is it sad that I still have a college sweatshirt from '93 too? You have to love the 90's hair too!

Kerry said...

I think I may have the same/similar sweatshirt! Thanks for the laugh.

Hugs- and your blog is oh so fabulous.

Liene said...

I started college in the early 90's (about the time of said photo) and definitely often say, "What were we thinking?" More so with the hair than with the clothes but both were pretty awful. Now I have to admit that I don't think I still own any clothes from my college days.

Quirky Mom said...

Sadly I also still own 1993 vintage clothing. A few things I can still wear like the lounge pants I bought from J Crew in '94. But my jeans from then wouldn't fit on one leg, much less my ass.

McEwens said...

THEY got out of the butt award!! OH they are SO lucky.... NOT FAIR

Colleen said...

An award well deserved!!!! : )

Debz said...

LOL well then!!! I'm just going to have to go check out this But(t) award of yours........I have at least 3 lives left.....

Debz said...

Ok the courious cat now only has 2 lives left.
That is funny but(t)sad cause I remember being there too....I only decided reciently to randomly pic people with 0% favoritism....I'm a rule breaker...and I'm ok with it.

Peanut said...

Congratulations on another award! You deserve it! You ARE fabulous!