About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top 10 Photos of 2008

My imaginary friends Lisa and Queen B joined Jules in her brilliant idea to post their top 10 photos of 2008. I love the idea, even though this poses something of a problem, seeing as how I rarely post face shots at Our Little Tongginator. Oh... also... I'm not exactly a photographer. Ignore the fact that I used to be the photography editor of my university's newspaper. That doesn't in any way mean I can TAKE a good shot, only that I can SPOT one.

Which, of course, is yet another reason I possess such a huge inferiority complex.

But this little exercise I've dubbed Project Picture encapsulates why I blog: it documents the year, humbles me and reminds others to keep their expectations low. Now, I must admit that these shots are not my 2008 absolute favorites, but they are my top 10 Vague Face Photos of the year.

#1 See No Evil

The Tongginator and her cousin M&M yet again display their
love/hate relationship. These two fight like siblings, probably
because they lived together for several months.

#2 Like Father, Like Daughter


Does this photo even NEED a caption? I will say that
the Tongginator's favorite maza-geens are Canadian
Living, Fortune, Reader's Digest and Lifelines (our
adoption agency's quarterly publication).

#3 I Am So Popular, They Came To Visit

Yes, this is my front yard. Yes, they came for lunch. No,
it's not because I'm too cool for words. Actually, it had
little to do with me. It's because of this and her.

#4 My Husband, the Enginerd

This is just one of the many reasons why I so adore my Mr.
Wonderful. For the full story, read The Case of the Missing V.

#5 BabyRuth Joins the Family

In March, my sister KitKat gave birth to her fourth child,
BabyRuth. I witnessed the birth - my first experience in the
labor and delivery room. It was... umm... interesting.

#6 Almost a Twin Sandwich

If the Tongginator lay in the center, I'd call this a twin sandwich.
This photo shows the Tongginator's absolutely bestest, favoritest
friends -- twins Peaches and Cream and twins Cinnamon and Spice,
all adopted from Jiangxi Province, China, just like our Tongginator.

#7 Hot Stuff


Yes, I sometimes call my daughter Hot
Stuff. Yes, she totally believes she is Hot
Stuff
. As evidenced by this photograph.

#8 Sometimes You Just Can't Wait

Halloween candy is the Tongginator's number one priority,
of even greater importance than keeping her beautiful
princess costume pristine. Oh, and much more important than
actually sitting like a princess. Or behaving like one.

#9 Yes, I Want My Daughter To Go Blind


During the Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, the
Tongginator seemed more interested in the
flashlight than the moon or even my homemade
Bubble Tea. Which was totally delicious. And
much more captivating than that darn flashlight.
If I do say so myself. Which I do. Ahem.

#10 Why We Needed A Wii For Christmas


The Tongginator likes to be... hmm... shall we say interactive?...
while she's watching television. And home movies. But then, who
DOESN'T want to sword fight? Or cook with Paula Dean or Rachel
Ray? Or "tiao!" with Kai-Lan? Or bowl on the Wii? Umm... I don't.

Thanks to Jules for encouraging us to walk down memory lane. And check out The Roost for more top tens. Now... Must. Stop. Typing. Due to severe tennis elbow from the Wii.

Happy New Year, everyone!

35 comments:

RR Mama said...

Thanks for stopping visiting! I have lurked here for a while but never left a comment. I love the twin sandwich picture. Also love the potty picture, you do know she will want to kill you when she gets older.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

LOVE the pictures! Baby Ruth....OMGOSH....beautiful! Happy New Year to YOU! :) Take some Alieve for that elbow! HEEHEE

Valarie Lea said...

The one of her on the potty, is priceless!! Lots of blackmail to come with that photo!

And OMGosh at BabyRuths hair!!!

bbmomof2boys said...

Hi ya stranger! I've been busy the last week or so running around with Little T and now I'm back to work (ugh) and my son, DIL, and their baby are visiting. I'm stopping by to wish you a very Merry Christmas (yes, I'm late with it!) and a Happy New Year!

I hope that next year China will speed up (lost cause) and that you will be blessed once again.

Love the year in review - both of them. I might end up stealing your idea!

Hugs,
Carla

Missy said...

What a cute post!!! You are so funny, TM! I hope that you guys have a very Happy New Year!!!

Nancy said...

Love the Wii photo. Too cute. You have so much to look forward to with all that "interaction!"

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

So many great memories.....very funny ones really!! I still think my favorite is the enginerd!!

Happy New Year to you and the whole "T" gang!!

How bad am I....My husband is driving while I am blogging on my laptop.....6 hours is a long time to be in the car:) The first New Year's Resolution....sign up for Blogoholic's Anonymous!!

Lisa

Brooke said...

very cute! :) and i had to search for the vague photo of my nephew to respect my sister's wishes so i feel your pain!

Jen said...

Tongginator is a cutie! I enjoyed your year in review and going through some of your old posts. The story behind the Disney visit is beautiful - what a great community. Happy New Year!

Momto3 said...

Love the pictures especially BabyRuth's hair - wow! I have yet to try the drums on Rock Band and my singing almost got me booed off the stage! But it's a lot of family fun.

Debz said...

Oh that was a very fun post!
BabyRuth has the most hair I ever seen on a baby ever!
The potty one is pretty cute!
Have a wonderful New Years Eve!
Talk to ya next year!!!

Pug Mama said...

oh my gosh - this was good!!
HYSTERICAL!

Pug Mama said...

forgot to say Happy New Year!!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Those pictures are great and the captions even better :)

Shawnstribe said...

Happy New Year you creative Lady!!!
your post made me smile!!!!
May this year bring you great Joy and Happiness
love
xxx
s

Briana's Mom said...

LOVED this post! So funny - just plain awesome!

Happy New Year to you! I am so glad we found each other in the blog world this year! :)

Dana and Daisy said...

cute pics!

Gail said...

Great post and pics, love them all but my 2 favs are the potty one and the almost twin sandwich. So cute. Since I'm also a mom to a Jiangxi girl I have a soft spot for these beautiful girls.

Happy New Year TM and family!

sulli said...

Happy New Year to you!
That story about your neighborhood and the Donald makes me cry... How wonderful is your neighborhood!

Thank you.

Capri Kel said...

Loved them all!
Happy New Year!

mommy24treasures said...

Happy NY. I LOVE these pics. I plan on doing something similar if I get time.
SO glad I met you this year.

Monica said...

What a fun look back!

Tammy said...

Oh girl, I LOVE all your photos! I'm gonna have to go with #8 for my fav....because candy is a number one priority for me too!

Blessings and Happy New Year!!



(could you please tell me how your neighbor's family is doing)

Michelle said...

Oh my! What does it say about me that the potty shot is my favorite?? Hilarious!!

Happy New Year!

Lisa @ Take90West said...

Loved the pictures, you can definately pick (and take!) some good ones! Hot Stuff was my favorite.
And can I just say you have the best writing style? I love it.

Happy New Year TM!

Life with Kaishon said...

Your pictures were perfect! I mean, seriously perfect : ). Did you get a wii for Christmas? Happy New Year. God bless!

CC said...

My favorite is the "yes, I want my daughter to go blind." Great pics!!!!!! Maybe, just maybe I'll get out of my vacation funk to do the same thing. In a few days.

Janet said...

I loved this post. Officially.

Cynthia said...

Great pictures, and even better captions!

Yoli said...

What beautiful pictures and funny captions.

Polar Bear said...

AWESOME Year in Review!!

Happy New Year!!!

Super Mommy said...

Love it!! My girlies love maz-a-geens too!!

kris said...

what's the DEAL??? where have I been??? why have I not been privy to this ingenious site of yours???

RIDICULOUS.

so bloglining you for life.

Southern Fried Gal said...

Coming to you from the Roost. Great pictures and nicely discreet as well. Cracking up at the potty picture. Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

Love the year in review photos.

Love the potty picture!

Jen