About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Tattoo -- adult adoptee (Korea) Sang-Shil Kim at Land of the Not So Calm... describing one adoptee's emotions and thoughts about adoption

The Burden of Authenticity -- adult adoptee (Taiwan) Mei-Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... her thoughts about having an Asian appearance and a Caucasian culture

20/20 Special: Failed International Adoptions -- adoptive momma Cindy (Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan) at LaJoy Family... her opinion of the recent 20/20 special about reactive attachment disorder

On Guess Who? -- Chinese-American CVT at Chop-tensils... a reminder about the importance of finding multiracial, multicultural toys, media and art for our homes [HAT TIP to Jennifer of Mixed Race America... oh... and a WARNING: Some instances of profanity.]

Enfolding -- adoptive momma (domestic, open) Heather at Production, Not Reproduction... connectedness to the first family doesn't diminish the connectedness to the adoptive family

7 comments:

Mei-Ling said...

Sang-Shil is Korean, not Vietnamese. Aside from that correction, that post you linked is really good. One of my favourite analogies so far.

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

Thank you for sharing these links. I looked in on a few of them and I can see how on some you might nod in agreement while on others ~ well not so much!!!!

I have missed talking with you my friend!!!! Hope all is well!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Mei-Ling ~ Oops! Thanks so much for catching that. I edited it... thanks for catching my error!

Tonggu Momma Husband said...

another good week of links my dear ... always engaging.

Rebecca of "China, Baby!" said...

I just wanted you to know that you've been in my heart & prayers - you and your family.

Asking God for comfort in your hearts that only He can give!

Love!
Rebecca

mama d said...

Thank you for the Sunday Linkage ... it helps expand my reading (and other) horizons.

Heather said...

Thanks for the link. It means a lot. :)