About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Linkage: Holiday Edition

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Not Always A Holly Jolly Good Time -- adult adoptee (Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... memories of racist remarks during holiday gatherings with extended family

How to Manage the Holidays with a Newly Adopted Child -- adoptive momma (Russia) Marcie at A Child Chosen... navigating that first holiday season

Making Memories: The Joy of the Season -- guest contributor Samantha at RainbowKids.com... incorporating your child's birth culture into your holiday traditions

Holidays Can Bring Up Lots of Emotions -- author, lecturer and columnist Lois Melina at Adoptive Families magazine... minimizing the holiday stress unique to adoptive families

Our "China Tree"
-- adoptive momma (China) Sandra at The Daily Grind... a Christmas tree in honor of her girls' first families

2 comments:

Debz said...

Hummm.
Thanks for the links. I went right away to the 4th article. It's been an emotiinal day/week/month....these sessions are like hot flashes that come and go.

Pickel said...

Thanks for the link. We were expecting to being Gus home before the holidays this year but I think it was probably for the best that we'll be leaving on the 3rd...It is chaos around here with a controlling grandma and the other grandma isn't much better.

It's so hard to bring little ones home but the holidays make it so much harder.