About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, December 15, 2008

Slugdom

Y'all, I am a slug.

A slug, I tell you. I took my shower yesterday at 7:18. Now, some of you might think that is a tad early for a Sunday, while others might only deem it acceptable, what with hustling out the door for church and all. But some who know me well will grin and agree that I am totally and completely a slug.

Because when I say 7:18 on Sunday, I'm referring to the evening hours rather than bright and early in the morning.

Yep, I stayed in my pajamas all day long. All. Day. Long. And it felt really good. Did I also mention that I didn't wake up until 10:30 that morning? Every single person reading this post today (you, too, lurkers!) needs to leave a comment commending Tonggu Grammy for making my slugdom possible.

And just in case some of you feel concerned about my lack of appropriate attire in a house of worship, I must at this moment confess that the husband and I skipped church yesterday. Yes, we did. During Advent. Less than two weeks before the birthday of our Lord and Savior.

We are definitely going up in flames.

Some may also ask themselves why, oh, why did I even bother taking a shower after making it through dinner? Well, I'll tell you. The husband and I spent Sunday evening (cough, blush, cough) watching the finale of Survivor. And I could not bring myself to watch that particular show while looking, feeling and smelling like the contestants.

I'm sure you understand.

Unfortunately, while I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, my slugdom completely prevented me from creating a spectacular post for Boo Mama's Christmas Tour of Homes. I promise that I've decorated. And I promise to share my middle class, non-crafty, non-decorating-blog-worthy home with y'all sometime this week. But right now I am recovering from my weekend.

WHICH. WAS. SPECTACULAR.

I can't wait to share every detail with y'all. Most will not involve the Tongginator, seeing as how Tonggu Grammy is the Greatest Most Wonderful Best-Ever Grandmother In The Entire World. (She took the Tongginator for the entire weekend.)

The entire weekend, y'all!!!

And she even shared with me little bits of goodness, including the fact that the Tongginator learned a new song y'all might know called We Wish You a Merry Christmas. But I'll bet y'all DIDN'T know that tigers are involved in that particular Christmas wish. Oh yes, they are.

Tonggu Grammy shared that the Tongginator continuously belted out, "Glad tigers we bring to you and your king. Glad tigers at Christmas and a happy New Year." Which makes perfect sense to her momma, seeing as how I was born during the Chinese Year of the Tiger.


And yes, I am a glad tiger, thankful for my King. Despite the fact that we skipped church. Ahem.

27 comments:

Aunt LoLo said...

Woohoo! First commenter!

First off, THANK YOU TONGGU GRAMMY for allowing Tonggu Momma to be a slug. She needed it.

Second, good for you, Tonggu Momma - one should always be cleaner than the dirtiest character on whatever it is they are watching on TV!

Third, I can't WAIT to hear what you did with your free weekend!!!

Rhonda said...

Woo hoo! Go Grammy Tonggu. ;)

Glad tigers to you and your family, Merry Christmas.

happygeek said...

Gotta love a good Grammy! You Rock TG!
Can't wait to hear the details of your weekend!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I'm just too jealous!!!!!

Briana's Mom said...

Yay Tonggu Grammy! Everyone needs a sluggy weekend once in a while! I am glad you enjoyed it!

Dawn said...

We did that on Saturday... WITH our kids. I made a full pancake breakfast with all the trimmings - at 1 in the afternoon.

Everyone needs a weekend like that once in a while. We believe God even understands and approves. So, no danger of flames!

Blessings!

Momto3 said...

Ahem, we skipped church yesterday too! It was the musical and my hubby is not a fan of those. I slept until 9:00 and showered mid-day - so you are not alone. Glad to hear you had a parents only weekend!

Suzie said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend a Sunday! Tonguu Grammy is the best :o)

Lula! said...

This is my favorite post of yours, hands down. Loved every word.

Speaking of every word, do not think that "cough, blush, cough" reference was lost on me. I get you.

Cough-blush-cough...yeah, last night was good for us. That's all I'm sayin'.

I now need to shower. 'Cause I haven't had one since 8 am yesterday...before church. Which we skipped, too. OK, we did go to Sunday school, and we made it into church and were all prepared for worship until my mother-in-law told us that Caroline went to bed at midnight (her bedtime is 8:30!) and woke at 7 am (usual time is 8:30!). We panicked...and ran from church to put her down for a nap, because we had 2 parties yesterday afternoon. I know Jesus understands...and I love Him for it.

Aren't you so glad I told you all of this? And in your comments, no less. Sigh...

K and/or K said...

Lovely ornament!

So...you happy with Bob taking all the loot? No Sugar Sugar!

I didn't watch this season but with my mom staying overnight she easliy sucked us into the finale!

Catherine said...

Way to go Grammy! Ahhh...a restful weekend for you and a tiger filled one for the Tonnginator. Fun all 'round!

Loved that you had a pj day and enjoyed every moment of it. Sunday's that we stay home are few and far between for sure.

Glad you enjoyed Survivor. I still love that show! Watched the first part on delay and then just couldn't keep my eyes open to see who won and actually enjoy it so will watch it tonight. Ugh...have heard on the news 3 times already this morning who won! Oh well, I'm happy anyway.

Have a great week!!

OH MY #6 said...

great post! You are too funny.

Have a good Monday!

Lea
xo

Stefanie said...

Sounds like your weekend was good for the SOUL... much like a good church service. So there ya go.
Thank the Good Lord for Tonggu Granny!

discombobulated said...

I love the ornament! Do all the family members have one? Thank you Tonggu Granny for allowing TM's parents to have some much needed, well-deserved time together.

Debbie said...

I do love those glad tigers. They are so festive.

Kim said...

I spent all day saturday in my pj's. Those kind of days are nice every now and then. Hurray for Tonggu Grammy for giving you a weekend with just the hubby. I could really use on of those!

Lisa Cairney said...

Yay for Tonggu Grammy and Yay for you, TM, for joining me in the jammies club! We watched Survivor too, and ahem, I decided it would be most empathetic of me NOT to enjoy the luxury of the shower, but stay in said stinky jammies while trying to imagine and embrace all that the Survivors had to endure. ;) Sounds like you had a great weekend!

planetnomad said...

Ok, I LOVE that ornament! Too cute.

And sounds like a lovely day to me.

prechrswife said...

Sounds like a relaxing weekend. :-) As for Survivor, way to go, Bob! :-)

Tonggu Grammy said...

Just so all know - Tonggu Husband arranged for the special weekend with a hotel and dinner on Friday night and slugdom for the rest of the weekend except for the company Christmas party on Sat. night. I merely agreed to come get the Tongginator after I finished teaching on Friday and return her on Sunday. Glad tigers I bring to you and your king!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am totally laughing at TG....she cracks me up!!

I read this post very early this morning as I was ready to walk out the door and did not have time to comment.....we must have been on the same wavelength, because I was in my PJ's ALL DAY....that is so not like me, but it has been a rough couple of days....sometimes you just have to be a slug....it felt good!!

Have a great week:)

Lisa

Gail said...

Love this post, it made me laugh...slugdom is such a good thing. I can't tell you the last time I slept till 10:30am, Tonggu Grammy you are awesome....

We...ahem...missed church last weekend, but went yesterday. ;)

Sharie said...

Everyone deserves at least 1 lazy day a week - glad you got a much deserved break!!

It is not at all unusual for Amelia and I to stay in our jammies until 7 or 8 pm on Sundays. It's the only day we don't have to be anywhere in the morning and she takes "stay at home day" seriously! Yesterday, I actually got dressed at 3, but never put make-up on or did my hair, because by that time we were having ANOTHER ice storm!

Michelle said...

How wonderful that TG and her Grammy got to spend the weekend together. And even better for allowing you to sleep in and crash for an entire day!

TG is so funny! Who knew there were glad tigers? She's funny like her Mommy. :)

Jennifer said...

Everyone needs to be a slug once in a while. I was a slug too on Sunday especially since I never showered and layed on the couch all day. Yep...all day. MY Mr Wonderful and Katie left me alone to be a slug all day. I was recooperating from the party at had at my house the day before.

Isn't slugdom GREAT?

Jen

Peanut said...

That sounds like the most delightful Sunday. I really should start getting my parents to take the kids overnight. Sleeping in sounds glorious!

Oh, and I can often be found in my jammies all day. If I don't time my showers with JJ's nap, then I have to wait until the next one, or else he'll either be found whipping the shower door open every 10 seconds or eating out of the toilet. (True story.)

I love the tongginator's version of the song. It's so fun to hear what kids come up with when it comes to music :)

The Source said...

Glad tigers are much better than mad tigers! You need to record her singing her song so you can share it with her when she's 15.