About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Caffeinated Jet Lag

Hello everyone! I now have an IV line connected to my arm, supplying me with copious amounts of caffeine. Not really, but the effect is of course the same. We arrived home at 11:22 last evening and still sent the Tongginator to preschool this morning.

We like to call it the shock and awe method of dealing with jet lag.

Her teachers said she coped wonderfully well this morning, despite her half-closed eyes and staggering walk of exhaustion. We felt the need to send her because the Tongginator will be forced to deal with yet another loss next week - her teacher's last day at school is this Friday. Her new teacher began shadowing yesterday in order to give the children time to adjust to the change. That gave the new teacher only one day of preparation before Total and Complete Tonggination.

I hope this new teacher likes my little girl.

But even if she doesn't like her NOW, she will by the end of the year. I have great faith that my little Tongginator can wear down even the grumpiest of souls.

Tomorrow I will post a few non-depressing highlights from our trip... a smidge of Twilight, a bit of Superpowers and a whole lotta Butterfly. Thanks for hanging out with us last week and praying for us... it meant a ton. I can't wait to catch up with y'all this week and hear how everyone spent the Thanksgiving holiday.

19 comments:

Stefanie said...

So good to have you back :)

happygeek said...

Welcome back.
How could anyone NOT love Tongginator?

Polar Bear said...

Welcome Home!
Miss T has a spunk and spirit that any teacher will LOVE!! :) I hope she likes the new teacher.

CC said...

So glad you got back safely!!

And you are very brave for sending her to school the next day, but I would have done it just for my own rest! Back to bed for me....

The Flash finally has his 1st day back in school today after 10 days off! He's been driving us nuts ;)

Dawn said...

Welcome back!

Not like the Tongginator??? Hey, you know all you have to do is say the word and 10 or 10,000 of your closest blogging friends will be all over her! Ha ha! My kiddos have changed schools and received new teachers numerous times over the years and I know that it can sometimes be difficult on both sides. So, I'll be praying for T and her new teacher.

Blessings!

McEwens said...

Welcome back.... and all that you have posted about your daughter, who wouldnt love her!

Lisa Cairney said...

Silly, silly TM....of COURSE the Tongginator's Teacher will love her! Glad you are back home again in your own beds and looking forward to your Twilight story...I just finished reading the first two books and am ashamed to say...I'm sort of hooked....AAAAGGGH!!! I have to keep reminding myself, I'm 42 not 12! Sigh. I seem to be not a very discrimating reader. But I'm looking forward to hearing what YOU thought....Hang in there, girl...I hope you rest well when the caffeine IV runs out...

Peanut said...

Welcome home :)

redmaryjanes said...

Get some rest my friend, these times have been hard for your soul.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I sm so glad you are back...the "neighborhood" just hasn't been the same without you:)

I am sure the new teacher will adore the Tongginator....who wouldn't!!

Take Care,

Lisa

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I sm so glad you are back...the "neighborhood" just hasn't been the same without you:)

I am sure the new teacher will adore the Tongginator....who wouldn't!!

Take Care,

Lisa

Heather of the EO said...

You're home! Sorry about the jet lag.

That teacher BETTER like the Tongginator, or else!

Sharie said...

Amelia and I have had many new teachers to break in this year. Let us know if you need any tips.

Welcome back, rest up, do some laundry and have fun catching up on all of your reading:)

Rochelle said...

So glad you are home safe and sound! I'm sure little tongginator will be loved by all! :) Let us know how it goes!

Michelle said...

So glad to hear that you're back safely. And how can you NOT like the T? Not possible.

Janet said...

Welcome home! Best cure for jet lag? Chocolate.

Meredith Teagarden said...

Welcome home!1 I am sure your little Tongginator will have her teacher at Hello :)!

prechrswife said...

Glad to hear you made it home safely! Don't worry too much about the new teacher. I've been on the teacher side of that on both the leaving end and the coming in end, and the teachers are as eager to get things off on the right foot as the kids are.

Elizabeth Channel said...

So glad you are back home safely. You've had quite a week...

I look forward to hearing how sweet T charms this new teacher!