About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, December 22, 2008

Breaks and Leg Lamps

I didn't make a single dinner all weekend. We ate leftovers on Friday night, went out on Saturday and THEN ate restaurant leftovers on Sunday night. I still have a bit of baking to do. Santa needs a little help again this year. Plus, the laundry is piling up.

Once I reach that stage, y'all know I now consider it a crisis of epic proportions.

I'm taking a blogging break this week, but I'll post a little goodness every day... snippets of my favorite Christmas videos to help bring a smile to your face. Today's video gives a nod to one of my favorite movies. It helps explain one of my favorite Christmas decorations -- the infamous leg lamp.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Gail said...

Love this! The movie is one of your favorite's too. Have a Merry Christmas TM and family!

Gail said...

I meant 'our favorites.' Maybe I should go back to bed...

OH MY #6 said...

I watched this on the weekend!

Have you ever watched THE REF? Awesome, Christmas movie about a dysfunctional family.

Lea
xo

Debbie said...

Enjoy your break! I am getting less and less time to comment and I miss it so much.

Missy said...

I could watch that movie over and over and over again. I think I know it word for word. The leg lamp is the best : )

Have a Merry Christmas!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

One of my favorite seens!!

Happy Holidays.....you better get on that laundry...you don't need any repeat performances:)

Merry Christmas!

Lisa

Heather of the EO said...

Oh how I love the leg lamp scene!

Merry Christmas lady!

Michelle said...

Hi TM,
I'm very behind in my visiting, so I've been getting caught up on your past week. Oh my! "Don't I look BEA-U-TI-FUL" in front of everyone is hilarious!! That girl of yours is such a riot. She will never leave you running dry for blogging material, that's for sure.

I wish you and your family a very, Merry Christmas!!!

Love,
Michelle

Valarie Lea said...

I don't blame you on the break, I think I need one too.

Also I love love love "A Christmas Story" :)

Briana's Mom said...

I love this movie!!!!

Have a good break! Merry Christmas to you!!!!

Sharon said...

We just watched that and I love that scene too. I also love when the mom is singing jingle bells and ends with a raspberry (in the car on the way home from getting the tree right before the bar of soap!?!) hahahahah
what a fun mom!!

I loved your comment and boy would I want you on my side if i ever get in a jam!! I am calling you, missy!!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday!!

Meredith Teagarden said...

This is such a classic! Dear TGMOM, you have been a bright place to visit this year and truly made me laugh! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Kiy said...

Best movie of all time. :)

I really just wanted to stop in before all the craziness hit and wish you and yours a very wonderful holiday.

Kiy

The Byrd's Nest said...

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas with your family.