About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: Year in Review

In honor of the absolute last day ever of 2008, I present to you Tonggu Momma's year in review...

During the last week of January, I publicly humiliated my daughter by sharing with the world how she earned her totally crazy nickname "The Tongginator."

The next month, a complete stranger informed me (in a round-about sort of way) that I flunked hair.

In March, I proved to y'all that I possess stellar parenting skills, especially since my daughter eats dirt and dances the Booty Call.

April brought one of the most amazing days of my entire life, when Donald Duck and a few of his friends decided to hang out at my house one afternoon. You know, because I'm so cool and all. (Actually, it's because Rosie was so cool.)

During the merry month of May, the Husband finally broke up with his mistress, the Scourge of My World. Praise God!!!

In June, the Tongginator shared with y'all the first-ever glimpse of the oh-so-elusive Tonggu Momma.

July provided our family with many opportunities to grow, both emotionally and spiritually. While I ruminated about our ever-lengthening adoption wait, my nephew earned the official title "The County Grouch."

The following month, during the Beijing Summer Olympics, I reminisced about my childhood Olympic dreams while the Tongginator created a few of her own. Sigh.

I felt all tingly in September, both literally (in my glutes) and figuratively, when I won an honorable mention for my post Seeing Color. I seem to have discovered a fascination with bottoms during that autumn month. Oh, and Hadron Super Colliders.

October showed me that I am stronger than I ever thought possible... not only did I survive one of the saddest days of my life when Rosie passed away, I also lived through my Most Humiliating Moment Ever, which taught me the importance of keeping up with our laundry.

We said goodbye to the Husband's father in November - it still feels raw; we can't yet talk about it; we miss him. But the Tongginator managed to cause chuckles amid the tears, especially when she met royalty, Sarah Palin and Santa Claus.

During December, the Tongginator morphed into The Butterfly. Enough said.

I can't believe the changes this year brought to our family. It's been a heart-warming and heart-wrenching twelve months, but through it all I've felt grateful for my friends, both real and imaginary. (In case you're feeling stumped, those imaginary friends would be y'all... unless I've actually met you.) Thanks so much for walking beside me as I navigate life. You've blessed me greatly.

Happy New Year!

12 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a year! I don't think I could even remember the entire year! I love to read your posts, you have such an incredible way of writing and especially when you add a sassy tone to something! Big Hugs and praying you have a wonderful 2009!

Norah said...

I always enjoy your posts so much!

Momto3 said...

I enjoyed reading your year in review. Happy New Year!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a year it has been for you and your family!! Let's hope 2009 brings many wonderful things...maybe even our daughters!!

Happy New Year my friend!!

Lisa

Lisa Cairney said...

TM, I'm so thankful for you and your willingness to let us in on the adventure of your life with TM's Husband and the Tongginator! Can't wait to see what 2010 brings...

gritandglory.com said...

i need to come back when i have time to read all those old posts. i'm a tonn-rookie!

Lauren's Nana said...

I enjoy your blog so much, I wish you and your family a very happy 2009.

Becky said...

I love these end of the year re-caps! So fun to read. Thanks for sharing.

Juliette said...

What a year! Thanks for sharing all your adventures with us. I like to read you a lot.
Hope 2009 is a very good one for your family and you. Happy New Year!

Sharie said...

TM, I'm imaginary - I actually feel that way some days:)

Thanks for letting me peak into your world. May 2009 bring your family more joy and less heartache.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, TM. I feel as though we have met, you know... on your deserted island and all. :)

Seriously, you've made me laugh and you've made me cry. I pray your 2009 will bring happy tears with exciting adoption news!

Patricia/NYC said...

Brilliantly creative post!!