About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Open Adoption Across the Ocean -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Christine at welcome to my brain... she found her children's first parents - oh yes, she did!!!

Dear President-Elect Obama
-- adoptee Wraith at Ramblings of a Shadow... open up adoptee records; they deserve the truth

Flip Flop Feet -- adoptive momma (Haiti) Dawn S. and World's Biggest Blogging Charity Challenge -- blogger Annie at Flower Dust... both projects collect shoes so that no parent has to choose between buying shoes and feeding a child

As Nate's Birthday Approaches
-- adoptive momma (Vietnam) Judy at Just Enjoy Him... a beautiful and moving poem written about her son's first mother

No, I'm Not Crazy -- adoptee (South Korea) Paula at Heart, Mind and Seoul... the impact of thinly veiled acts of racism and prejudice

Ask ARP: How Can I Protect My Child From Hate? -- a question from Karen W. and an answer from Tami Winfrey Harris at Anti-Racist Parent... a mother who adopted from China asks how to protect her children from hatred

Yes Amelia, You Are Chinese - adoptive momma (China) Sharie at Mostly Amelia... her daughter's first week of Chinese school and the conversation that sent them there

Finding Her -- adult adoptee Bae Gang Shik (South Korea) at The Transracial Korean Adoptee Nexus... what do you write in a letter to your first mother?

Our Dance is Over -- adoptive momma (South Korea) CC at If Only I Had Super Powers... CC beautifully expresses that adoption does not solve the problem of infertility, but adoption can fill your home with smiles

Off -- adoptive momma (Ethiopia) Jenny at Real Mama... Jenny describes their journey to adopt a second time - or maybe not

A Night At the Foster Home -- foster parents (China) Jacob and Carrie at Signs of Hope... describes the reality of the night shift at an orphanage

7 comments:

Sharie said...

Each week when I read your linkage I always think wow, what amazing people. I'm honored that you choose to link to me.

Sharie

Shawnstribe said...

a night in a foster home had me in tears...i soooo want to go back and love, love , love the children in orphanages in China, i so want more children, my heart just aches for these precious bundles
(((hugs))) to both of us, i need one too
xxxxx
s
ps thank you for the links girlfriend
xxx
s

redmaryjanes said...

I will have to check out your links. Hope you have been doing well :)

redmaryjanes said...

Ok, now I'm in tears.

K and/or K said...

A cold diet coke, a great 60 minutes episode, and your captivating links on the laptop here in my living room. Life is good.

Patricia/NYC said...

FABULOUS, thought-provoking links!
I look forward every week to your Sunday post! THANK YOU!!!

Have a great week, my friend!

Jacob and Carrie said...

Thanks for linking to me! I've been on your list a few times now, I think, and it always is fun to have new people come visit our blog.