About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

Melamine Contamination in Chinese Food Products -- adoptive momma (China) and digital scrapbooker Sheri at A Kind of Magic... more about the melamine contamination scandal

Learning Curves -- adult Vietnamese adoptee sume at Ethnically Incorrect Daughter... a glimpse at a life lived between two worlds

Footprints on her Heart -- author and adoptive momma (China) Kay Bratt at Kay Bratt: Uncensored... an adoption story beyond ladybugs and red threads

Voting -- first mother Jayne at Birthmother... a bittersweet thought after seventeen years

Hope in the midst of humidity and It's a Bird! It's a Plane! -- Melanie of Big Mama, who is on a short-term missions trip with Compassion International in the Dominican Republic... sharing the joys of sponsorship -- Do you sponsor a child? If not, check out Love Without Boundaries, Half the Sky and Compassion International.

Reactive Attachment Disorder and Broken Dreams
-- momma (bio, adoptive - China) Holly at Purpose Driven Family... one family's experience with RAD and disruption

Happy Adoption Day -- first mother Linda at Firstmother Forum... a first mother's view of November as National Adoption Month: the good, the bad and the thought-provoking

Babies! -- on The Rumor Queen... Rumor Queen's list of China's most recent referrals

Post Dated November 7, 2008 -- adult adoptee issycat at Adopt This!... an adoptee's thoughts about reunion

Waiting for our Children -- adoptive momma (China) Meredith Teagarden at A Mother Singing... one family's experience, waiting for their newly adopted child to bond with them

Keep Them Out! -- blogger resistance at Resist Racism!... about alien land laws (many directed at Asian-Americans), their historical impact and the recent election

Reflections on What I Learned From our China Trip -- adoptive momma Carla (China) at Katie-bug Journey... an adoptive momma begins to open her eyes to the white privilege all around her

3 comments:

Carla said...

enjoyed these as usual...and you had quite a few given what was the main topic on blogs this week!

Rebecca of "China, Baby!" said...

Wow, you have quite an eclectic mix here - all good reading! I really liked Meredith's post as well.

xoxo

Christine said...

Popping over to say that I don't mind at all if you link to me. I think it's great that you're giving us all something to absorb and consider each week. Good for our brains. Good for our hearts.