About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Saturday, November 29, 2008

In Heaven

In the hotel's continental breakfast room...

TONGGINATOR: Where is Daddy going, Momma?

TONGGU MOMMA
: He's going to rehearse, Tongginator.

TONGGINATOR: Oh... what's rehearse mean?

TONGGU MOMMA
: It means he is going to practice. Daddy is going to speak at Grandpa Squeak's funeral tomorrow, so he needs to practice saying it over and over so that he will say it well.

TONGGINATOR: Oh. What's he gonna talk about at the fune-y-real?

TONGGU MOMMA: Actually, Tongginator, he's going to talk about you and Grandpa Squeak.

TONGGINATOR: Me?!! Oh. Probably because I love Grandpa Squeak. And because we dance and play together all the time.

TONGGU MOMMA: Yes, you did do that. But Tongginator, do you remember where Grandpa Squeak is now?

TONGGINATOR: Yes, Momma. Grandpa Squeak lives in heaven now with Miss Rosie and God and Jesus.

TONGGU MOMMA: That's right, honey bear.

TONGGINATOR: Hey, Momma? That's his family now, isn't it? Grandpa Squeak is with his new family now... with Miss Rosie and God and Jesus. They are a family now. Right?

TONGGU MOMMA: Yes, honey bear... they ARE a family now.

21 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

They are a family now!! What a smart little girl!! Grandpa Bill is another angel up there watching out for you and your family!

Such a sweet post!

Lisa

Momto3 said...

Oh, that brings tears to my eyes.

Heather of the EO said...

Ugh...I just love the sweet and sincere thoughts of kids. Your little Tongginator is just the sweetest thing. She brought that lump to my throat again today--yesterday she was growing too fast and today she's talking about heaven families. She's lovely.

Sharie said...

Out of the mouths of babes!

Lynn said...

So sweet.

Missy said...

Precious! She has such a sweet little heart.

K and/or K said...

I can imagine sweet little thoughts like these maybe ease the pain just a bit. She is a dear!

Peanut said...

It is so much easier for them to accept, isn't it?

The Byrd's Nest said...

Awww....this is such a special conversation and she really is accepting of it all. Bless her little heart. Big Hugs to all of you.

redmaryjanes said...

Oh honey, I just can't bear it. I am sorry for your loss. I am close to losing my Grandmother. Your family is still your family even when they are in heaven aren't they?

Rochelle said...

Oh... this made me cry. She has such a tender heart.

delucchi family said...

Can he play in Heaven with my brother too? Funerals are so painful, cant say Im a big fan of saying goodbye to people I love.
Love Jules
xxx

Lisa and Tate said...

Through the mouth of babes!!! What a sweet way to think of Grandpa Squeak....

Jennifer said...

I love the sweet little conversations we have with these amazing little girls.

Jen

OziMum said...

Thanks for making me cry!!! Now I have to go reapply my mascara!!!

:) In all seriousness, its just beautiful how children think, isn't it?

Patricia/NYC said...

Beautiful!

Alyson and Ford said...

Wonderful, lovely.
Thanks for sharing.
Our sympathy.....

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy
Forever Family Day 09/16/08

CC said...

Such a bittersweet comment.

Rhonda said...

I love how she thinks.

Michelle said...

What a bright little girl.

gritandglory.com said...

oh she is so precious...