About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, October 3, 2008

TMH - Like TMI, Sort Of

I am shamelessly (and I do mean shamelessly!) stealing this meme from one of my favorite We-Would-Be-Coffee-Buddies-If-We-Lived-Closer bloggers, The Happy Geek, who stole it from the fantabulous Janet, who happens to be one of my first five bloggy friends. I adore Janet because she read Our Little Tongginator when my writing stunk. (Not that it doesn't stink now, but back then it smelled practically rancid.)

Anyways, I'm not a meme fan necessarily. I have a love-hate relationship with them, much like my feelings about those infamous Pass-It-On-Awards. And we all know how I feel about THOSE.

But a meme is good during the first week of October, especially during an election year. I can't seem to drag myself away from those series season premiers, baseball play-offs and college football games. Just so you know, you wouldn't hear from me AT ALL during the fall if my university actually had a football team worth mentioning. Let's just say we were better known for our academics and band as opposed to our athletic programs.

And then there are the presidential debates. Don't worry - I won't morph into one of those Political Bloggers. (I don't have the credentials.) Plus, I am among those annoying voters registered as independent, so you never know where I stand. Sometimes I don't even know where I stand!!! (It's scary that I vote, isn't it?) I also happen to live in a state that is so far removed from a swing state that very little pressure exists. I only educate myself about politics so that I can complain or gloat after the election.

I'm obnoxious like that.

Anyways, my recent Coach Potato status negatively impacted my blogging this week. Hence this unassigned, willingly completed meme, designed to give you a tiny glimpse into the Husband's life. Here he refers to himself as Tonggu Momma Husband (TMH), which I love, since I often go through life referred to as Mrs. Husband. At least I come first on the blog!!!!

1. He's sitting in front of the TV: what is on the screen?

The Daily Show with John Stewart... Top Gear (more on this in another post)... golf... House... Heroes... anything on the Science channel... But we really don't watch that much TV. Really.

2. You're out to eat. What kind of dressing does he get on his salad?

Italian - gobs and gobs of Italian

3. What is one food he doesn't like?

Do y'all remember the recession? No, not THIS one... the one from the early eighties. Well, the husband's family experienced some lean financial times then, as did so many families across America. Bubble and Squeak, the Husband's parents, bought a barrel of split peas. Yes, I said a BARREL. They ate split pea soup for a long, long time. A really long, long, long time. You can imagine how the Husband feels about split pea soup: the smell of it, the look of it, the taste of it. (He is now running out of the room, looking green - just like split pea soup!)

4. You go out to the bar. What does he order?

We rarely do, but - IF we do - beer, preferably Henry Weinhardt's or Boddingtons or Yuengling or Guinness

5. Where did he go to high school?

Spokane, Washington... We always sound like idiots when people ask where the husband grew up, especially if we happen to be traveling. Because the Husband grew up in Washington State. You know, as opposed to California State or Alabama State or Maine State. Yep, we sound like idiots until y'all remember we live near Washington, DC. So, yes, Washington State it is.

6. What size shoe does he wear?

He's really a size nine-and-a-half, but I wear a size nine-and-a-half, so he buys size ten shoes. I think he is sick of me stealing his shoes. Which I do. On occasion. I realize this is sad.

7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be?

Everything he has ever purchased. Seriously.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?

Roast beef and swiss, with lettuce, tomato, mayo and mustard

9. What would the Husband eat every day if he could?

steak... steak... and more steak

10. What is his favorite cereal?

Lucky Charms... what can I say? He's Irish!

11. What would he never wear?

a kilt... I said Irish, y'all, not Scottish.

12. What is his favorite sports team?

He has split loyalties, across coasts: the Seattle Seahawks and the Washington Redskins. Thank goodness it's a rare year when both teams perform well.

13. Who will he vote for?

whoever appears to be the least moronic by Election Day... as we all know, this might prove to be a challenge (and I am of course not talking about YOUR candidate - I'm talking about the other one!)

14. Who is his best friend?

Me, of course. (And I totally did not prompt him.)

15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do?

Uh-oh, he is paralyzed with fear and does not wish to answer. Oh - hold on - he WILL answer. "Learn to charge your own cell phone." (Umm... why should I when I never have to call myself?)

16. How many states has he lived in?

six states and three countries outside of the USA

17. What is his heritage?

Swiss, Swedish and Irish

18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind?

Key Lime Pie, which is obviously not a cake, but the man lives to be difficult

19. Did he play sports in high school?

He lettered in golf and football. Unfortunately, his career-ending football injury during his sophomore year caused extensive damage to his pride. Oh, and his back. And his left ankle. And his knees. It was bad, y'all. And involved an ambulance.

20. What could he spend hours doing?

Tinkering... on anything that requires electricity.

I hope this little meme about TMH wasn't TMI. If it was, I apologize. I shall do better next week. Once I drag myself off the couch.

20 comments:

happygeek said...

Nothing like a good meme in the midst of two elections.
(What, you didn't have to choose between which debate to watch last night?)
Must just be a canadian thing. Ours are so boring that we would rather watch yours.
TMH sounds likea cool dude. Who wouldn't want steak all the time?

mommy24treasures said...

how fun to get to know your hubby better!;)

I am a 9.5 as well for shoes. It is sad.;(
I have to say though, my foot does not look large unless I try to wear a bulky shoe. I will see cute shoes sitting on display around a size 6 or 7, try them on in my size and look ridiculous like I am wearing a boat.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Heather of the EO said...

He's WEIRD.
Kidding of course.
I love this type of meme. I don't know what type I mean really. But I'm too tired to explain.
I have a love/hate relationship with memes too.
And I'm SO similar to your description of your political self. Naughty us!

Aunt LoLo said...

OOh...love it. I might steal this one!

Did you know I "grew up" in Spokane, too? (Well...that might be an overstatement. Before I was 10, I had lived in 3 different states and lived in 8 different houses. Let's just say, my LONGEST stint in one place was nearly 3 years in Spokane. :-) It's the place I remember BEST from my young years.)

So...I'm gonna pretend I'm from Utah for a sec - What high school did he attend? (If you know anyone from Utah, you know what I'm talking about. They determine geographic locations by city first, then HS...since each HS has approximately 5,000 students from a distric that is approximately 4 blocks square.)
(The above statement may or may not be slightly exaggerated. Not really sure.)

Georgia Peach said...

hummm.... interesting stuff.

Regarding the split pea years - we had the macaroni years. I recently found out that mom was eligible for food stamps during that time, but she was too proud to get them. So instead of govm't cheese we ate mac and cheese.

Regarding tinkering with electricity - neat.

Stefanie said...

TMH seems like a really good guy... worthy of the TM 'title', I'd say ;)
Glad you came out of your season-premier-week daze to share about your dude. Any man that puts up with a blogging wife is worthy of a little bloggy attention every now and then!

Lisa said...

I love this new wave of memes going around. We all get to know the blog author and blog kids, but we rarely get a glimpse into blog hubbys. Great post.

Briana's Mom said...

I saw this meme on Janet's blog! It is a really good one - love your answers!

Hey - fellow independent here!

I still want an award. It's been a while and for some reason I'm not feeling loved. ;)

Peanut said...

TMH sounds like an interesting man. I might steal this meme, although I'd have to tie my hubby down to get any answers I don't know out of him!
Mmmmmm... love pea soup!

prechrswife said...

Neat idea. I may have to borrow it if I have time to get it together. :-)

McEwens said...

He is a great guy, how horrible about the split pea soup though!!! It is always good to learn more!

Michelle said...

okay...#7...that is MY husband! The man is incapable of throwing anything...and I mean anything... out. It will either be worth a lot of $ one day OR we may have a use for it sometime...even though it hasn't been used for the last decade. lol!

Sharie said...

Well, I don't have a blogger husband to compare to, but he seems like a keeper:)

Meredith Teagarden said...

I love that he buys his shoes bigger than yours!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I loved learning about TMH!

My husband also LOVES key lime pie....if it is on the menu, he will order it...over the years I have gotten really good at making them here at home too!

Very fun meme...thanks for giving us the 411 on TMH...now I feel like I know the entire Tonggu Family!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa

Beachy Mimi said...

I loved the meme. It is always fun to learn about other people in the family. My gagging thing is Spaghetti-O's.

Michelle said...

I enjoyed getting to know TMH a bit better. I am horrible about charging my phone, too. Just horrible!! And I was cracking up at the split pea soup story. I can't even imagine one bowl, let alone a barrel!

Janet said...

I adore you too...:-)

And as for your answers, I loved "but the man lives to be difficult." tee hee.

When you come to my house to visit, I promise not to make pea soup.

Monica said...

I agree with Lisa that it is fun to get a peek at the normally elusive blogger hubbies.

I think it is so funny that you chose this particular meme! I saw this meme on someone else's blog about a week ago and nearly picked it up to do myself...and I almost NEVER EVER do memes!

delucchi family said...

Well, this is the first time I have ever heard of a meme, but it was fun to learn about the hubby.
Thats why your blogs are so much fun to read.
Love Jules
xxxx