About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

My Own Birthday -- blogger and Vietnamese adoptee Agnes at The Rice Bowl Diaries... Agnes discusses the importance of telling your adoptive child the TRUTH, especially about personal information such as a birth date

The Ripples of Child Sponsorship -- blogger Kelly from Love Well for the blog Compassion.com... this is an older post that I recently discovered through 5 Minutes for Parenting that shares Kelly's husband's story as an adoptee from South Korea (it's powerful stuff)

Ain't That America, You and Me (And the Jolie-Pitts) -- blogger Jen of Disgrasian... I'm not a celebrity stalker kind of gal, but I liked this particular quote from the Jolie-Pitts family

Bamboo Mats and Safe Cribs -- on the Love Without Boundaries blog... discusses the bedding and cribs used in Chinese orphanages

USCIS Petition: I600A vs. I-800A -- on the Bethany China Blog... asks that you sign an important petition in support of those who continue to wait

And I Always Thought U Was For Umbrella -- blogger Donna at Double Happiness... a little giggle and a glimpse of Chinese culture, or possibly American culture - as the Chinese see it

The Skin I Am In -- blogger and adoptive momma Mary at Ladybugs and Dragonflies... a conversation with her daughter about skin color

Questions (Un)Answered -- blogger and adoptive parents A&J at Life With Ava... talks about the unknowns surrounding their daughter's early life in China

Adoption in a New Administration -- blogger, adoptive momma and adoption reform advocate Margie at Third Mom... y'all know I'm not political and I recently shared that I'm a registered independent who doesn't know how I'll vote in this upcoming election; having said all of that, I do think this political post is something we, as adoptive parents, need to consider [WARNING: This post does lean left.]

real moms
-- blogger and adoptive momma Theresa at We May Not Have It All Together, But Together We Have It All... about how to answer repeated "you're not my REAL mother" comments from your child [Hat Tip to CC at If Only I Had Super Powers]

1 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh thanks for the links, what a cool idea. Off to read.