About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

What I'd Like For You To Know: Adoption -- guest blogger Mary of Owl Haven shares what she'd like for others to know about being an adoptive mother... part of Shannon's What I'd Like For You To Know series at Rocks in my Dryer

Deal With It -- adult adoptee and blogger Lillie at It Came From the Cabbage Patch... Lillie reaches out to adoptive parents to further explain her emotions surrounding her personal adoption story

Turning Down a Referral -- adoption researcher and adoptive momma Dawn Davenport at Finding Your Child & Creating a Family... Dawn describes her family's emotions and thoughts when they decided to wait for a second referral

Rocking -- Jazzie and Tahlia's mommy at The Daily Grind... a wonderfully honest and touching look back at life amidst post-adoption depression

Question #8, plus answers from JoLynn and Juli... at Parent's Corner of Grinding Up Stones... a parent who adopted from China asks for advice about how to deal with a child's questions concerning race

Book Review: Coming To Grips With Attachment -- blogger and momma to eight children, some of whom they adopted internationally, Mary at Owl Haven

Wait? You're Brown?
-- ARP columnist Liza Talusan, crossposted from To Loosen the Mind at Anti-Racist Parent... explaining why you shouldn't use yellow to describe Asian skin tone

I'm Swell, But Not THAT Swell -- writer, blogger and adoptive mother Dawn Friedman at this woman's work... describes her feelings surrounding her daughter's relationship with her daughter's first mother

VARIOUS LINKS ABOUT THE MILK FORMULA SCANDAL: China Baby Formula (Bethany Christian Services), Formula Information From More Orphanages and Formula Update: October 4 (Love Without Boundaries), Chinese Orphans Sickened By Tainted Milk and "Out of Control" Dairy System Led to Abuse (Yahoo! News), FAQ About China's Formula Crisis (JCICS)

7 comments:

McEwens said...

Great post TM! I book marked a couple to come back too. I have a nephew that has such a hard time being adopted that I want to see if that link would help. Thanks have a great day!

Sharie said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to read so many blogs and to pick out these great tidbits. I really enjoys seeing all perspectives, and your Sunday linkage is very eye opening!

Sharie

Suzie said...

I love your Sunday linkage posts. So many greats sites that I would have never found. Thank you!!

Meredith Teagarden said...

Wow, what a great idea.

I am so sad about the milk problem in China. to think of these babies getting suffering with kidney stones is wrenching!

Jennifer said...

WOW-Great post. I just found your blog from a friend. Looking forward to reading the blogs you linked.

Jen

OziMum said...

I've finally gotten my slack backside into gear and added you to my bloglines!

Your blog looks great! We already have something in common (Janet T!~ don't ya just love that woman?!!)

I've been reading up on the "milk powder crisis" - and knowing our we are so close to Mini... I'm hoping she wasn't in an orphanage that used the bad milk.

toloosenthemind.com said...

hi! Thanks for linking to my post! Looking forward to reading more on your site.

Just for clarification, I say that *I* don't prefer to use the term yellow for me. However, there are Asians who feel that the descriptor more accurately reflects their identities.

In true advocacy speak, it's really up to individuals to decide how they want to be called. And, for me, the "yellow vs brown" category was always an interesting concept to reflect upon.

Thanks for linking! Looking forward to reading more from you!

Peace,
Liza