About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, October 30, 2008

Maryland Crab Soup

Behold an amazingly delicious Maryland Crab Soup recipe for those who - gasp - don't live in Maryland. The only ingredient that might pose a problem is Old Bay Seasoning. If your local grocery store doesn't carry it and if you don't feel like making a homemade version, you can always purchase it on-line.

And yes, the husband actually created this recipe himself. It is perfect for sick days, rainy days, snowy days, any days.

Tonggu Daddy's Maryland Crab Soup


serves 10 people who love to eat; otherwise, prepare to freeze some


16 oz. canned vegetable soup
16 oz. canned Manhattan clam chowder
32 oz. water
16 oz. stewed tomatoes
1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
2 lbs. beef cubes/ stew meat
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 shallots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning (four tbsp. if you like it spicy)
1 lb. crab meat (from the meat counter that would be 1 claw/leg plus 1 backfin or you can just purchase several cans of crab meat, probably located near the canned tuna)

Combine everything in a large soup pot except for the crab meat. (Don't forget the 32 oz. of water!) Bring the soup to a boil and ensure the beef is fully cooked. Reduce heat, add the crab meat and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve in large bowls with bread.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

You gots bloggy bling at my place.

The Source said...

MMmmm...sounds delicious! Except...shhhh...I don't eat crab. I wonder if I could make it with chicken? I have relatives in Maryland, and they'd string me up and beat me for that comment. Don't tell.

We do have Old Bay, though, it's good for a low country boil.

Nicole said...

YUMMY!!! Can't wait to try it.

Oh...please do add our blog to the Tonggu blogroll!!

Kristy said...

That sounds so gooood!!!!

I had to laught at those Halloween pictures of the past because it made me remember how many darn plastic Cinderella masks I wore as a child!! lololol

I love your blog , your header is just beautiful , just like your precious daughter.

Love and blessings, Kristy

Georgia Peach said...

ummm...is it weird that I don't eat leggy, hard-shell minions that look more like artillery tanks than dinner?

Oh well, more for you!

McEwens said...

I LOVE crabs! And even in CO we can get Old Bay!!!!!!!! I am so excited to try this!!! YUMMY!!! THANK YOU

jennifer said...

Sounds yummy!

Briana's Mom said...

Good gravy that sounds delicious!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

This sounds good....gotta love the Old Bay!!

Will be trying this one for sure:)

Debz said...

Sounds delish!
Definatly feeling a little crabby....
Craving that is.
Have to see if the bulk store carries that seasoning.

Kim said...

Oh that sounds so good my mouth is watering! I will have to try that recipe....sounds like it would make enough to feed a small army so I may have to wait until everyon has a raging appetite...maybe after a day of sledding, then we can imagine being as one with the crab (scuttling across the warm sandy beaches)

prechrswife said...

That does sound yummy--now why didn't you post that when we had our crab visitor in the garage?

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to try this one!!! Sounds yummy on a cold winter day.

Jen