About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, October 31, 2008

I've Been Boo-ed!!!

I was boo-ed yesterday. Twice. It's a good thing I have such a large ego healthy self-esteem. The first time, I discovered the boo-ing when Lisa of JujuBoo stopped by to share the news. She scared me with this:


Then, an hour or so later, I opened my front door to discover I'd been boo-ed AGAIN. Someone gifted the Tongginator with glow sticks, candy, a Princess coloring book (gee... how did they KNOW?) and several other Halloween goodies. The Tongginator and I embraced our newly assigned mission to pass along the boo goodness. We quickly stopped off at Target to pick up the essentials, then prepared for a ring-and-run at two of our neighbors' houses.

Wait... do you even know what it means to be boo-ed?
click to enlarge and read the directions

Our neighbors do this every year. We received the great honor of being the next-to-last recipients on our block, which means we earned Huge Neighbor Points because the people we chose to boo received all of the goods without any responsibility. In our neighborhood, boo-ing is under a strict cease and desist order beginning Halloween Day.

We quickly chose to boo Ring and his twins Pocket and Posies. And the Tongginator insisted on hitting Apple's house, too. Fortunately neither family was in residence at the time of our boo-ing... otherwise they totally would have caught us.

preparing to ring and run... the bag is filled with goodies

running... as loud as a herd of elephants

The Tongginator does not equal stealth, partly because she has lead feet, but mostly because she'd have to stop talking in order to go undetected. And we all know the Tongginator loves to talk.

I wonder where she gets that from?

25 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Hilarious.....love her darling outfit.....

jennifer said...

I love booing... so much fun. I meant to do a post on it, but never did. Cute pics.

Heather of the EO said...

What fun! I mean, mostly for her of course ringing and running...

and maybe even more fun for you :)

missy said...

We've been Booing at my school all week. I was the first to be booed and loved seeing all of the new signs go up!

Happy Halloween~!

Dawn said...

How fun!

This is the first year we haven't gotten boo'ed. I'm wondering if it's because my kiddos are both teens now and the neighbors think they are too old? (No, they aren't.)

Oh, well. There's always May Day baskets to do next Spring.

Blessings!

Norah said...

Thank you! I finally figured it out. Lead feet. All 3 children and my husband have this condition. Is there a cure?
Thanks for filling me in on the Halloween Candy Fairy. She sounds great....and hungry : )

happygeek said...

That jacket of T's is tooo cute.
Did you make it?

Lisa said...

We were boo-ed twice this week too! I always forget to hang up the little sign in the door so we get boo-ed multiple times each year....to my children's delight. :) Have a happy day!

McEwens said...

What fun, ring and run!

redmaryjanes said...

That is so much fun, what a cool tradition!

Polar Bear said...

What Fun!!! That is so neat - I would love to do that in our neighborhood next year. If only I can remember. :)

Have a wonderful Halloween!!

Beverly said...

I got boo-ed and forgot to do it, OOPS. Maybe it isn't too late yet!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Halloween!!!

I love this game....what fun!!

The T is so cute standing at the front door....and running away!

Have fun tonight!

Lisa

ZenMama said...

I just heard about boo-ing for the first time yesterday....how nice to get the full scoop - and see pictures of it "in action!"

What other kinds of things do people put in the goodie bags that they leave? Do you ever feel like it gets to be a bit much - or that it's now just one more thing to fit in your busy schedule right before Halloween?

(I KNOW - I sound like a Bah Humbug -- but things have been SO busy and crazy this week and I feel like I have been running around non-stop that if ONE more thing got added to my plate, I might just lose it all completely.) Good thing they don't do Boo-ing in my area - or maybe not - maybe it would have been good to have a fun distraction to focus on instead! :)

Zen Mama Wannabe

Monica said...

I had never heard of Boo-ing, until I read your post just now! Sounds like a really neat tradition!!! I bet the Tongginator had an absolute BLAST with it!!!

CC said...

I wish our neighborhood was that friendly! We don't even know most of our neighbors names! And there are no other kids on our street at all

Sharie said...

My boss got Boo'd and was like, what do I do with all the candy? (No kids). I said, "You EAT it!"
I think this is a fun idea and a neat way to get to know your neighbors...as long as people don't go too hog wild.

Love T running from the scene!

Peanut said...

Looks like we're missing out on lots of neighborhood fun living in an apartment building!

Happy Halloween :)

Patty O. said...

great pictures. I think I am going to start this Boo tradition in my neighborhood next year. I like it.

Jennifer said...

Love the picture of her running. Too cute!

Jen

prechrswife said...

What a neat idea!

Beachy Mimi said...

I missed out on the "boo-ing" this year. It is so much fun. T looks so cute!

Kiy said...

I loved the comment 'stop talking in order to go undetected'. While Miss Emi isn't talking (yet) I can see this happening in our lives. Well, she isn't talking but there is a constant flow of Emi-chatter. I can see our gals share more in common than just food. :)

Cheers, Kiy

Briana's Mom said...

That is so cool! I have never heard of that before. So fun!

Briana is quite opposite in the stealth department. Last night was all business. Ring door - get candy - say thank you - run as fast as you can to the next house to repeat while mama is running to catch up.

I am tired this morning.

Recovering Sociopath said...

It's SO nice to have good neighbors-- what fun.