About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, October 27, 2008

The Infamous Award

Y'all, I never thought it would happen... not ever again... but it did. Last week both Pam and Heidi bestowed me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you so, so much ladies. I feel honored.

It's a fru-fru pretty one, isn't it? You can view this gorgeous little award any time you'd like by visiting my Blogology Room. I feel a deep affinity for this square of bloggy beauty, probably because it reminds me so much of me.

New readers, ignore the hysterical laughter you hear all around you. Some people have it in their heads that I am a bit of a shlumpadinka. Gosh, I wonder why? Has the Tongginator been talking to y'all?

Plus, there is always That Infamous Day: September 26, 2008. On that date I promised to do something to for all future awarders. Pam and Heidi KNEW this... well, Pam definitely knew, since she commented on the post. I'm not sure if she realized I'd actually follow through with it though. Plus, Pam may have been one of those children who repeatedly stuck forks in electrical outlets or ran out into oncoming traffic. Heidi, however, might deserve a few "poor Heidi" pats thrown her way. If she DID know, though, it proves she is excessively sweet or possibly that she lacks a little bit upstairs - just like Pam, if you know what I mean. Then again, Heidi lives in China, so perhaps this did not disturb her...

Because last month I promised all y'all that I would no longer pass on awards to others. It completely gives me an ulcer. Tell me I am not the only one. Since that hardly seems fair - reaping the benefit without any of the responsibility - I also created something to completely hopefully deter others from thinking of me during their awards speeches. I decided that those who pass along an award to me would receive an extra-special award in response... something I spent hours creating... something I poured lots of love into it... something they HAD to display on their blogs.

I made this:













Isn't it beautiful, y'all? Sometimes I even amaze myself. If you'd like to view a double triple header cheeker, check out Pam's and Heidi's blogs for more But(t) Goodness. You may have to search for it long and hard on Pam's blog... and you may need to nag Heidi a bit... but I have Complete Faith that you will find these awards displayed. Because Pam and Heidi are women of integrity. And because it is THAT gorgeous of an award.

Especially when the rules state you aren't allowed to explain it. It just appears one day. All by its lonesome. For everyone to look at. Everyone.

So... does anyone else want to pass along an award to me? I DO love them... really.

17 comments:

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

You do realize that now that we have the BUTT award, we can freely bestow you with others without fear of reprise, right? Heehee, I think that just gave me an idea..!

McEwens said...

OH TM.... WHAT WAS I thinking!

HEY I like that idea... I have the BUTT award, so .... I can now give you ANY award I WANT!!!

Dawn said...

You crack me up!

I don't do awards either. I always thank everyone who bestows upon me, but I don't pass them on. Does that make me a bad blogger? It's okay if it does - I was probably added to *that* list a long time ago.

Blessings!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Wow~ I may have to create an award to give you if it means I can get that lovely one on my blog!!

Patricia/NYC said...

Thanks for the laugh this morning!! I needed it!!
By the way, you are a great writer!! I bet you already got an award for that too, right? ;)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can always count on you for a good laugh.....and it is just what I needed this morning!!

The very sight of this pictures makes me laugh out loud!

Congrats on your award...you deserve it!!

Patty O. said...

That is so funny!! I love it. And I too dislike the anxiety of passing on awards. I can never figure out who to give them to. I love your award, though. It almost makes me want to give you an award. Almost.

Janet said...

Beautiful. Juuuust beautiful.

Monica said...

Heck, no! I don't want to give YOU any awards...as you might recall, I'm gunshy even of TAGGING you for exactly this reason!!!

Tonggu Grammy said...

OK, I've checked Heidi and Pam's blogs and have yet to see their beautiful award posted. Are you positively certain that they are women of integrity? I don't want my baby's feelings to be hurt if they turn down the most creative, cheekiest and beautiful award given. Tonggu Momma are you OK?

CC said...

Well I'd still consider leaving you an award if I ever get one again. You know you used to be the only one to give them to me.... ;) Maybe I need a butt one, just to say I got awarded something!

jennifer said...

THat is so funny, It's a really cute award!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

You have become one of my favorite people! I just love your heart and your writing.

Michelle said...

I know where you get your sense of humor. Your mom is pretty darn funny, too! Passing on awards gives me an ulcer, too. Not that I have nearly as many as you. I don't need my own "room" for my awards, just a little teeny tiny corner of my blog. Not even their own shelf. :-)

happygeek said...

SNORT!

Jennifer said...

Your blog cracks(no pun intended) me up!

You deserve the award!

Jen

Meredith Teagarden said...

Between your recent comment to my blog about photo shooting, and this latest creation of yours, you really have me laughing!

Congrats on your well earned reward :)!