About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween: Links and Love

The Tongginator doesn't quite know what to call her costume this year. She wanted to be either Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella - she simply could not decide, since she loves them both equally, even though she's never seen either movie.

Huh. Imagine that.

Unfortunately, mean momma that I am, I gave her a choice between last year's ladybug costume (which still fits) and her Tinkerbell outfit from Rosie's Disney Day last spring (which also still fits). Neither choice pleased the Tongginator.

Again, imagine that.

Even if I had caved to the adorable pouting pressure, I still didn't have time to shop for a costume these past two weeks, what with all that's been going on around here. So it was a wonderful surprise to receive a gorgeous costume in the mail from my Aunt P last week. It fits the Tongginator perfectly and passes for a "princess dress." Actually, it's an Ice Queen costume, but ssshhhh... don't tell the Tongginator.

I'm prompting people to ask her, "what princess are you?" because her answer continues to vacillate between Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. No mention of the Ice Queen. She's clueless happy - that's all that matters.



Also, here are a few Halloween links you might wish to peruse -- about a recall of some Halloween candy (yes - sigh - it's about melamine)... trick-or-treating ideas for sensory kids... safety tips 101... and simple suggestions for easing the candy overload.

Have fun, y'all!!!!

23 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The princess costume is adorable....and The Tongginator looks happy with it!!

Clever photography.....

And thanks for the links!

Lisa

happygeek said...

What a gorgeous Cinderella errr Sleeping beauty.
Too cute.

Suzie said...

It's a beautiful princess dress and she looks adorable in it! Happy Halloween :o)

Stefanie said...

I don't care what queen or princess she is, or thinks she is, that costume is gorgeous!! And, I am sure, the tongginator is incredibly lovely herself. I was trying to see, but there seemed to be a leaf over her face.
Happy Halloween!

Beachy Mimi said...

Cinder-Beauty looks adorable in anything. That is a precious consume. Have fun.

Briana's Mom said...

The costume is just beautiful! I am glad it made the Tongginator happy!

She makes a lovely Sleeping Cinderella. ;)

Rebecca Ramsey said...

She's quite the princess! Have a great time trick or treating!

Lisa said...

That is a gorgeous dress. I love the top pic of her.

By the way: You've been boo'ed!! Come to blog to see what the heck I am talking about. :)

Michelle said...

Awww...that is a sweet costume! I guess it doesn't matter what it is called as long as she is happy. lol!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh...how beautiful!

Lisa said...

Pretty, pretty T. And pretty, pretty dress!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful princess. Looks like Cinderella to me....it's blue....

Have fun!

Jen

Sophie, Inzaburbs said...

Beautiful!

I am making my kids wear last years costumes again this year. At first they were not happy, but I have promised them colored hairspray and now that is all they can talk about. Phew! I think I got away with it!

Sharie said...

That's too funny. Amelia wants to wear her Tinkerbell costume from last year because her best friend at school is going to be Tink. I said that's fine, but you have to be Sleeping Beauty at night. My sister gave her a Sleeping Beauty costume for her birthday which she still has not worn. Tonight she decided she wanted to be Cinderella - AH NO! We are not buying another costume!
Anyway - The Tonginnator's costume is GORGEOUS! Amelia would say she is a "Snow Princess"

mommy24treasures said...

what a beautiful costume!
I had somehow missed your Rosie post... Oh I am wordless but have to at least say oh how sorry I am for the loss of your neighbor and friend....

The Source said...

Whatever princess she decides to be, that dress is gorgeous. I want one! I hope y'all have a wonderful time with your princess today.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

gorgeous!!

Joan said...

What a beautiful Princess!! We have multiple costumes / dress up at our house... but Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are top on their list too.

Polar Bear said...

Beautiful Princess!
That is such a nice costume!!

Beverly said...

love the costume. My suggestion for easing the candy overload it to let G spend tonight with her grandparents, LOL!

redmaryjanes said...

She looks absolutely beautiful!!!

discombobulated said...

What are you going to do when you can't fool her anymore!?!

Kiy said...

Adorable!