About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, October 13, 2008

Dear Husband

Dear Husband,

Since you are away this week, I thought I should fill you in on the goings-on at Tonggu House. We are surviving the week by leeching off friends and bouncing off the walls. A few important things occurred over the past five days.

First, the Tongginator earned two goody bags from the pediatric dentist, who - surprise! surprise! - happens to be an Asian-American woman. No, we didn't expect this, since the dentist has a typically Hispanic surname, but I felt excited that the Tongginator has yet another Asian-American female role model in her life. (Does this make me racist? Gosh, I hope not.) The Tongginator earned double the goody bags because - duh! - the child has sensory processing disorder and, to quote her occupational therapist, she "is was one of the most orally defensive children I've ever treated." The Tongginator acted like a champ at the dentist's office, hence the plethora of special treats. In more depressing news, said dentist told me to pass along a message: "Daddy, prepare for braces." I hope this news does not negatively effect your opinion of her.

Second, Rosie is not doing well. She traveled by ambulance late last night to the hospital. She's in the ICU now. We'd really appreciate your prayers. And no, I can't talk about it yet.

Third, backdoor neighbor JC and the Tongginator are now playing together almost every afternoon. They went on a Bug Hunt Adventure yesterday. (Yes, those were their exact words.) I was the proud recipient of three crickets, one bee and some type of beetle. Unfortunately, they were all dead on arrival.

Finally, I'm trying to break a personal blogging record by posting as many times as possible while you are away. Because I miss you. And because I don't feel like cleaning the house. We are in serious veg mode over here.

Love, Tonggu Momma

23 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

ugh, I'm sorry about Rosie. And that you're single parenting for awhile. I'm all for becoming a vegetable when parenting alone. I give all the credit in the world to single parents! I'm no good at it!

The Tongginator rocked the dentist party, that's great!

redmaryjanes said...

I hope your hubs is home soon.
I will pray for your neighbor Rosie.

I take Tyler in tomorrow to have his braces put on. Our third child with braces. :)

Suzie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Rosie. I'll say a special prayer for her tonight.

Briana's Mom said...

Hang in there while your hubby is away!

Yay to the Tongginator for doing so well at the dentist!

I am saying a prayer for your neighbor.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Congrats to your sweetie!
And I'll pray for Rosie. Cancer is so not fair!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is a very sweet post that will choke you up 20 years from now. Frankly, I'd be glad the bugs came to me DOA. And I'm mentioning you tomorrow in my post, so I didn't want you to miss it.

Aunt LoLo said...

Way to go, Missy T!! A good dentist visit is DEFINITELY worth two goodie bags!

I always do a lot of posting when Lo Gung is away...those are the only weeks where I will DEFINITELY post every day...usually with a PLETHORA of pictures. 'cause everyone knows Daddy wants to see his baby...and maybe a picture of Mommy thrown in every once in a while. ;-)

Hang in there! Oh, and this would be a PERFECT week to let Miss T. pick the menu. ;-) Pancakes, PBJ, french toast, spaghetti...at least that's how it works in our house. No lunches to pack!!

discombobulated said...

praying for Rosie and sorry you are lonely.

Amie@HeartSmiles said...

OH,Hugs to you. I am so sorry to hear about Rosie. I will be on my knees praying for her. And for you.

I wish I were there to hang and help pass the time while your hubs was gone. 2 "veggers" cancel one another out totaling productivity. Don't bother to do that math. Trust me.

Hugs and prayers to you!

:(
Amie

Janet said...

Sorry to hear about Rosie. I'll be praying.

Good girl, Tongginator, for doing so well at the dentist! I'm so proud of you!!!

missy said...

I am praying for Rosie!

So glad to hear the Tongginator did so well at the dentist...Yay, big girl!

I was quite interested to read about Sensory Processing Disorder...I bet a lot of people have this and don't know that is what it is. Some of my students exhibit some of these behaviors. I'll have to read up on it.

Thanks for always bringing pertinent info to our attention...

Veg on sister : )

PIPO said...

Sending good thoughts for Rosie.

As for the dentist...hooray.

I always find it quite cool when I get a jolt and a face doesn't 'match' a name. Keeps me real in knowing how many assumptions I still make even when I think I am aware.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I have been wanting to ask you about Rosie, but didn;t have the heart....I will contine to pray for her and her family!!

Hang in there....hope the hubs is coming home soon!

PS...Tell TG we found another praying mantis in our yard today...He was huge...Nick took a picture!! I will never look at one again without thinking of TG dumpster diving!

Sharie said...

Rosie is in our prayers!

Rochelle said...

Sorry to hear about Rosie. :(

My hubby is leaving me tomorrow. He'll be gone a week. Keilani always has mixed emotions when Daddy leaves. She misses him like crazy, but loves to sleep in my room with me! :)

Beachy Mimi said...

I will be praying for Rosie.
Way to go Tongginator! I wish the dentist gave me prizes!
Congratulations that the bugs were all DOA.

happygeek said...

So sorry about Rosie. Hugs to you.
Yeah for Tongginator at the dentists!!!
Gotta love a good bug hunt. Must get it from her grandma!

Marivic_Little GrumpyAngel said...

I'm sorry I don't know who Rosie is, but she seems special to you so I hope you will comfort.

Hard when solo parenting because the hubby is away, so veging is totally deserved. Sounds like the Little Togginator is having loads of fun bug hunting.

CC said...

A (formerly) orally defensive kid doing great at the dentists? Hurray!!!!!!

And ohmygosh you have 42 followers? I'm not worthy!!

Kohana said...

My son has just started watching bugs in the yard. Earlier, there was an unfortunate incident with a ladybug.

This week my son called in to me "mommy, I found a bug! I'm fine. And the bug is fine. I put him in the bushes." I had to chuckle that he reported the bug was fine!

Casdok said...

More thoughts for Rosie. Hope your husband comes back safe.

Peanut said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Rosie isn't doing well. It is just not fair and so hard to understand. I pray healing for her and wisdom and comfort for you... wisdom to know how to help and how to explain it all to the tongginator. I know firsthand how hard it all is.
I hope this time of single-parenting goes by quickly for you. I tip my hat to you moms that can do it... I take off to my dad's whenever my hubby goes away more than overnight.

Georgia Peach said...

I am sorry to hear Rosie is not doing well. I am praying faithfully for her, her husband, and her children until I hear more from you on this.

I don't do well when Big Apple is out of town. I do a lot of sulking around when he's gone for longer than a few days. I'm glad to hear your friends are taking charge of your evening social calendar this week.

Your carb-loading session with the half marathon runners sounded fun! :)