About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, October 12, 2008

15 Minutes of Fame

So, y'all, by popular demand, here is more information about my fifteen minutes of fame. The show was on Hawaii Public Television. It was called Saturday A.M. and I appeared in four episodes one season. I Googled it and found only ONE reference on-line, so I feel pretty safe that my identity remains Super Secret, especially since it truly was about 15 minutes of fame - total - but edited over three or four episodes.

Oh, and I didn't have a part that would land me a mention anywhere.

The up-and-coming Disney star is Wendy Calio. She was one of the hosts of Saturday A.M. a couple of years after my year of appearances. Most recently, she acted in the theatrical version of High School Musical and is now starring in the Disney Channel's new show Imagination Movers. And no, I never met her. (I guess that means I'm old.)

It just goes to show you that auditioning gets you a couple of appearances (me), but True Talent gets you far (Wendy Calio). Since neither Tonggu Grammy nor I could cough up photos, I took some pictures of a few pages in my high school yearbook, which was a magnet school for television and film production, hence my "in" when it came to the show. I edited out my name on the pages and blurred my face a bit, but other than that, it's embarrassingly unaltered.




As to our field trip to the set of Jake and the Fatman... does anyone even remember that show? I don't think I watched it and we LIVED in Hawaii at the time.

12 comments:

Mandy /Mommy Cracked said...

I totally Remember Jake and the Fat Man! LOL!!

Well, now I feel all special because I know someone who was sorta kinda famous! Wow, I bet that was an awesome opportunity to go to that sort of school. Very cool!

Sharie said...

I bet you thrived in that type of High School environment.

Amelia LOVES that new Imagination Movers show. I thought that women on the show was in her 20's so NO you are NOT old.

OziMum said...

Jake and the Fat man was hubs and my favourite show when we were dating!!!

I had half an hour of fame!!! I was on Wheel of Fortune... although I didn't win any fortune - I walked away with a crappy cordless phone that worked for about 5 seconds and a board game!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Totally remember Jake and The Fat Man!!

And I agree with Sharie...

I love the whole mystery around who you really are.....

One day I hope to meet the lady otherwise known as TM....I am totally intrigued!

Lisa said...

I'm terribly disappointed that NONE of these pictures highlight your supposedly freakishly long femurs. :) Ahhhh...well....that's a good call, TM. Leave 'em begging for more! AND I remember Jake and the Fat Man too!

Briana's Mom said...

I never watched Jake and the Fat Man, but I do remember it being on TV. What an awesome school! I would have loved going to a school like that!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

May I have your autograph???

Janet said...

I remember it, but I think I just remember the name.

You're my hero. :-)

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

Way too cool. Talent or not, I feel honored to know you! :)

McEwens said...

These are great! Thanks for the appeasement!!!! Hey I am going ona bit of a blog break for the next couple days, too much to do!

edj said...

Thanks for this. I was wild with curiosity but somehow hadn't gotten around to asking. (cough lazy cough)

Mary said...

Posting this on an 'old' post since you have a full plate as of late (and I want to be respectful to those who are going through very difficult times). When you are up to it...need to laugh, reflect and just be silly...I have tagged you on my blog. I am praying for your friends, and for your FIL.
Big (((((hugs))))) to you all! :-)