About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 28, 2008

This is Grady

This is Grady. He wants a family. Typically I don't advocate for special needs children on this blog - not because I don't care, but because there are truly so many children looking for homes. How can I possibly advocate for one child and not another?


But thirteen-year-old Grady is different. Grady is old enough to know he wants a family. He's asked for a family. It's been difficult for him to find a family because Grady has scoliosis. His scoliosis is so severe that it results in him having a smaller stature than is typical. Also, Grady must place all of his weight on only one of his legs -and we've been told that he cannot feel that side of his body. He walks with crutches like canes, but LONGS to be able to run and play just like other boys his age... other 13-year-old boys.

Grady currently lives at the Philip Hayden Foundation. The people Jeanette e-mailed about Grady told her that he is an absolute sweetheart and an all-around great kid. He is 13, y'all.

And he shares my birthday.

I can't spend my next birthday thinking of Grady, knowing that a day which brings me such joy will bring such sadness to Grady as he ages out of China's adoption program. Children fourteen and older are no longer eligible for adoption in China. Won't you join me in prayer about this little guy? And will you please consider advocating for Grady as well? Help him find his family.

This is his last chance.

7 comments:

McEwens said...

You didnt say.... how many months does he have before turning 14? Is it possible to adopt him before then? Does he speak english? Does he need surgery?

McEwens said...

OK, DUH, my bad, I should have clicked on the link first!

chicknboy said...

Thank you so much! what a joy it was to pop over here to your blog and see that sweet face! :)

to answer the ?'s from McEwens -yes -he will need a series of surgeries to properly correct his back..and he is learning English, though I don't know exactly how much he knows yet. :)

I know I've been to your blog before, but now it's bookmarked so I can visit frequently. :)
blessings!

Rebecca said...

I LOVE YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!!

I will be posting about him too...

xoxo

Cindy said...

Thank you for advocating for Grady. He is such a precious little boy.

May I kindly comment on something you said though? You don't like to advocate for SN kids because you can't advocate for all of them, so why advocate for a few? Well, because YOU may be the tool God is using to get a child's information out there.

This is the same as saying, in the story of the girl picking up starfish on the beach, that she shouldn't have even gone out there that day to pick up starfish because she couldn't possibly pick up all of them, so why even pick up a few? Why even adopt if you can't adopt the ones left behind? Why try to reach a goal, if you know you're going to fail?

Marjorie said...

One of my favorite quotes-

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do.

Edward Everett Hale
US author & Unitarian clergyman (1822 - 1909)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Cindy and Marjorie ~ You've given me something to ponder. Thank you.