About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Friday, September 26, 2008

Thanks... But(t)....

One of my absolute favorite people in the blogging world - Cheri H. of Loving Lia - bestowed me with yet another bloggy award. It seems that I am a Super Commenter... and not just any Super Commenter, but one deserving of a Caped Frog.

I feel the love, y'all. Truly. And I do so adore Cheri. Her little description actually made my eyes well up a tad. That doesn't happen all that often to a gal like me.

Still... this has to stop.

(I now have nine bloggy awards. Shh...)

(But nine, y'all. From 14 different people. In just over four months.)

I was always the girl picked last in gym class. I didn't have many friends in junior high or high school. Now I feel like an A-crowd snob from the movie Mean Girls. I feel like I wield too much power when passing along these things. I'm practically giving myself ulcers every time I must follow The Dreaded Rules, selecting other awardees for no real reason other than that I like them.

Only I pretty much like everyone.

Because everyone is wonderful in their own unique ways. (Would y'all care to join me in singing a couple of rousing verses of Kumbaya?) Also, if I'm honest, I pretty much like everyone because I totally and completely know how it feels when Absolutely No One likes you. Not that I'm bitter about high school. To make matters worse, Jesus preaches that the last shall be first and the first shall be last... I'm starting to worry that I might be last in the future, when I really want to be first, because that's when it's Actually Important.

Therefore, I am now one Huge Ball of Stress (hence the pretend ulcers).

And so I am shamelessly copying Sue's method of dealing with bloggy awards. I am tacky. I am unoriginal. I am a plagiarist. I completely admit it. But Sue at navel gazing at its finest developed an excellent coping strategy to deal with all of these bloggy awards.

I am stealing it (with her permission).

From this day forward, if you choose to give me a "pass it on" bloggy award, I shall feel Immense Gratitude and Thank You Publicly, but - and this is a huge but - I shall refuse to pass it on, while YOU shall automatically receive an award from ME. You must post it on your blog sidebar, with no explanation and leave it there For All Eternity.

I will allow you to hyperlink the award to this blog post if you feel the need to explain it, although I cannot imagine why you'd feel the need to justify this little rectangle of bloggy goodness:
















Previous awarders exempt, including my dear-and-hopefully-still buddy Cheri.

If you really hate my little bloggy rectangle of goodness (sniff, sniff) and never again wish to bestow a pass-it-on award to Our Little Tongginator, y'all can STILL show me bloggy love, if you so desire, by adding me to your blog rolls. (Air kiss left. Air kiss right.)

Because I am all about sincerity.

Oh, and Cheri? Please e-mail me so that I know you aren't weeping. Or throwing things. Or sticking your tongue out at your monitor. Because I really do love you. Seriously. I would not have picked now to do this if I didn't. Right?

(crickets chirping... the Super Commenter frog croaking)

I think it's time for that group sing-along now. How about a chorus of Kumbaya?

23 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Got my cell phone out to wave in the air, arms rasied!! LOL

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

OH MY GOODNESS, have I missed you!!!!!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

You are too damn funny...
But(t) eveything good, must come to an end....get it, an end...LOL!!!


Happy Friday:)

Lisa

Peanut said...

Ha! That's funny! You deserve all the awards anyways. I always enjoy your writing.

Cheri H said...

Ok now I am LOL! You really do stress waaay to much. Much like me! I think I'll do the same thing next time because I feel like I'm hurting sooo many of my friends feelings. Don't worry I still love you! :) I TOTALLY understand. I was one of the picked last in school too. :(

Aunt LoLo said...

And THAT is why you're the Tonggu Mama and the rest of us hang around in your shadow. You're awesome, girl. ;-)

discombobulated said...

you are getting the Totally Nuts award. Kumbaya girlfriend!

McEwens said...

What a funny award... BUT(T) I love it!!!

Monica said...

Oh my goodness!! THAT award certainly should stave off all future award bearing buddies!!!

Guess we will all just have to resort to simply adoring your in the "Leave Your Comment" section from now on!!!

(-;

kia (good enough mama) said...

Am I the only one who finds that pic slightly disturbing? What was going on in that picture? Oh man, I'm going to have nightmares for SURE!!! hehehehe

a Tonggu Momma said...

Kia ~ That little bit of goodness is what the Chinese call "a pair of split pants." Children all over China wear those. Two guesses as to why... Most of the people who already commented either adopted from or used to live in China. They've had time to process the sight. LOL.

prechrswife said...

That picture is priceless! :-) Like the new philosophy, too.

Marivic_Little GrumpyAngel said...

Oh, my gosh! You are hilarious! Where on earth did you get that photo from?

Now seriously, I've only been stalking you for a short time and you are very deserving of awards.

Briana's Mom said...

Can't. Stop. Laughing...

Janet said...

Singing Kumbaya AND doing the hand actions, as we speak.....;-)

Georgia Peach said...

Sorry to see an end to the award proliferation, but(t) it's probably for the best. snicker snicker.

I'm keepin' an eye out for a blog award to send you now...just because I'm THAT kind of gal.

Heather of the EO said...

Um. You gave me a pass it on award so I think you should have to have that butt on your sidebar.

Although maybe you don't have to because I never did pass it on. Did I? Can't remember. But I know we discussed the stress of the rules and I think you were supportive of my lack of rule following. So nevermind, you don't have to put the butt on your sidebar after all...

happygeek said...

I was having a grumpy day when I read this post
butt I am not anymore.
Thanks for a good chuckle.

McEwens said...

HEY TM.... I know you are waiting on the baby from China... I got a comment on my blog from a woman who is doing some vol work in the Ukraine. I am sending you her link, you can read about the orpanages in the humanitarian one... maybe this too is something you and you man can look at???? ANYWAY just thinking about you, from all I read you are a great momma... so I thought I would throw the suggestion out there.
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01147410397562366167

SO sad that they bring the kids to the states to be adopted and the ones that arent go back....

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

You crack me up - you truly are nuts... hehehehe... I am up for the chorus of Kumbaya!!!! Though I want it sung in tune with chirping crickets...
Don't worry... you aren't the only one... I was the girl always picked last, I was bullied at times, I was called names - Felicity Fatrick (my maiden name is Patrick) - endless fat jokes for me... kids can be cruel... now I look at half of them and think to myself "If only you can see all the things I have done now and you are still in the same little town"... oh well... life goes on... hugs to ya... and I will pick you first....

missy said...

Well, I am one of those BUT'Ts who have given you an award, but I am pleading with you to not have to put that pic on my sidebar : )

YOU ARE SO FLIPPING FUNNY!!!

Chris and Deb said...

You crack me up TM! I need to stop by more than I do....just not enough hours in the day to make all the rounds! BTW...sounds like you were concerned about the welfare of pink & white puppy. You will be happy to hear that P&W puppy is still very much loved! Sophie does not do dolls, but LOVES her animals.....it is almost as if she switches them on a weekly basis. Perhaps she is doing an
"animal of the week" process that we are unaware of! :)
There is always a big rotation amongst her fake furry friends! Just had to let you know the P&W is still very much loved!

CC said...

*snort* But the caped froggy sure was cute! Before you FRIED his little frog legs!