About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Linkage

As always, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with these links, but I believe they are important to consider. For those of you new around here, I'm an adoptive momma. Each Sunday I try to post links relevant to the China- adoptive community. I read some of these linked posts while nodding my head in agreement... others stretch my mind as I seek to understand. Always, always, I consider them.

You're Not My Mother -- international adoption researcher, author and blogger Dawn Davenport at her blog Finding Your Child & Creating a Family... describing a recent and difficult conversation with her daughter that led to the comment we all dread hearing

Pray Hard, A Logistical Update, Why Is He So Far Away?, Update Today, We Are So Blessed! Thank You Father!!!! and He is Great and Greatly to be Praised -- blogger and adoptive momma Leslie at Room For At Least One More... Leslie, in China now with her husband, faced serious challenges last week during their trip to adopt Susannah (grab a box of tissues)

Who is this child? -- blogger and special needs adoption advocate Stefanie at Ni Hao, Y'all... expressing amazement at the journey her daughter traveled these past three-and-a-half years since arriving at her forever home

Supporting Family Members Who Are Adopting -- blogger and adoptive momma (domestic, open) Heather at Production, Not Reproduction

Putting On a Facade to Avoid Fear -- transracial adoptee and blogger Mei Ling at Shadow Between Two Worlds... describing how it feels to not "quite fit" into the culture of her birth nor the culture of her adoptive family

Formula Recall
-- Jan Champoux, the Nutrition Director at Love Without Boundaries... discusses the recent Sanlu brand formula recall as well as its impact on orphanages within China

6 comments:

McEwens said...

OK!! Now I understand why you post the lonks, you know I am just a litte slow on the uptake

pugmama said...

great links. After hearing about the formula recall in China I have been trying to find out if it has effected any orphanages.

prechrswife said...

Isn't Susannah's story amazing? :-)

Marivic_Little GrumpyAngel said...

Great links. Particularly "Supporting Family Members Who Are Adopting". I don't have any family member who is currently adopting, but I have friends and a neighbor who are adoptive parents. So I read it. Very helpful suggestions on how I can be supportive.

Heather.PNR said...

Thanks for the shout-out. I've been pleasantly surprised by the response that post got.

The post by Mei Ling was powerful and thought-provoking--thank you for pointing me to it.

Kimberly said...

Thank you, Tonggu Momma, for sharing this information. As you know, I have been worried about the formula situation here in China. AK takes 4-5 bottles a day still, and I just couldn't see a good way to wean her in this time of adjustment, plus she needs the nutrition. We have been using the Nestle and Wyeth formulas on the advice of our guides and after researching the situation online. Your link to this post post eased my mind a lot, since we are in China until the weekend and have long since run out of American formula.