About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Monday, September 1, 2008

Neighborhood Booty Call

Last week, before our end-of-the-summer neighborhood Back To School Bash...

TONGGINATOR: Momma, when is our Booty Call again?

TONGGU MOMMA: What?!?!

TONGGINATOR: Our Booty Call!!! You know, Momma -- with all of the neighbors and the big kids.

TONGGU MOMMA: You mean our block party?

TONGGINATOR: Yes! That. When is that again?

In all honesty, the Tongginator did not completely misspeak. Behold the Tongginator live and in action (yes! actual! video!), two years ago during our neighborhood block party. She was nearly two-and-a-half at the time. Sadly, no booty call moves appeared during the making of this year's block party. We still had fun, y'all, mostly because our neighbors know how to Do Things Right.

Seriously.

(Please tell me y'all clicked on the link above leading to "Big Give Revealed" because, if you didn't, then you just broke my heart. That day seriously ranks in the top ten of the Greatest Days of Tonggu Momma's life. You will laugh. You will cry. You will feel the warmth of God. I promise you.)

Now, for your viewing enjoyment... photos of this year's neighborhood booty call block party...


a seriously boring view from our front porch


Rosie with her daughter Posies... yes, THAT Rosie... after nearly meeting
Jesus face to face in April, prayer and a treatment newly approved by
the FDA gained Rosie time to see her children enjoy the summer, begin
their first day of kindergarten and hopefully much, much more...


the Tongginator tumbles in the once-scary moon bounce


of course... this makes perfect sense...


face arm painting... don't y'all remember we have SENSORY ISSUES???


four-year-old TigerLily did a Front Flip in front of my very eyes...
it's amazing what one can learn through 0lympics osmosis


further proof that the Tongginator truly does Go Her Own Way


because one of our neighbors is a twelve-year-old boy
hiding inside the body of a forty-something man... oh, and
also because of the yummy goodness of S'Mores, y'all


Raspberry, working hard to win the hula-hoop contest


because what party is complete without karaoke???


ummm... yeah... I can't really explain this except to
say
that the party ran late, y'all... Really Late

22 comments:

The Source said...

Looks like everyone had a terrific time! I wish we had more kids on our block. Just teenagers and old people. And one three year old. Not so much fun to have a block party with a bunch of grannies.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Looks like a great time!!!

Heather of the EO said...

Okay so I've read two posts this morning--now three--and you had commented on the first two. I said, "how come I've never seen this person's comments before on some of my favorite blogs, I must find out." NOW, HOW have I not discovered you before??? HOW???? You're a delight!

Michelle said...

Oh, TM. This post got me laughing and then crying. First off, your cute little Tonginnator asking when the next booty call was going to be to actual video footage of her shaking said booty. Even time she slapped the ground, I busted out laughing. Truly laugh out loud funny. Then came the tears when I read about your neighbor Rosie and how your entire neighborhood rallied around this family in such a special, truly memorable way. You do have some awesome neighbors!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a great time....between this party and your 4th of July fireworks display...maybe I should listen to you and move down your way!!!

Thank you for making my day, The Tongginator is hysterical in that video....those pigtails and her littly booty shaking had me in stitches!!

Enjoy your day!

Is there a link to Rosie's story? How don't I remember that one?

Good luck with school...our first day is tomorrow!

Lisa

Janet said...

Sounds like LOTS of fun! How come I wasn't invited? Oh. Right. I live in Canada. Small detail.

kia (good enough mama) said...

OMG, I thought Little Man was the only kid on this planet who wouldn't get his face painted! Yippee! He's not a freak. Well, not the ONLY freak. ;) I jest, I jest...

Lisa and Tate said...

What a great laugh to see Ms T getting her groove on with the big girls!

You have such an awesome neighborhood, y'all. What true love you all share for one another to provide the Disney experience without leaving the street.... Glad Rosie has put meeting Jesus off a little longer.

What a fun booty party....

Lisa

Mommy Cracked said...

I'm still cracking up over "booty call"!!! LOL!!! Looks like sooo much fun! I remember our old neighborhood block parties...such great memories!

Michelle said...

OK, I gotta tell you. I had to come back and watch that Booty Call video again. HILARIOUS!! That $10,000 grand prize at America's Funniest Home
Videos could come in handy for say....oh, an adoption. I'm just saying. You've got some pretty good chances of winning with that one. :-)

Briana's Mom said...

Looks like you had an awesome booty call, um, I mean block party! Good times!

Lisa said...

Looks like everyone had a great time at the Booty Call Party!!

happygeek said...

At least she didn't ask the neighbours when Booty call was happening.
Looks like a rocking party.
Hey, at least she let them paint her arm. My kids won't go near face-painting period. It's more a standing still for more than 3 seconds issue than sensory however.

Monica said...

Love the dance video from the previous year!!! Looks like your block really knows how to party!

McEwens said...

ROF!~ Loved the booty call I mean block party!!

Amie said...

LOVE the booty call. Seriously LOVE it. Had me rolling. Love how she just rolled right on in there. Part of the gang. And when she bends doen to smack the ground and shake her booty. Flippin hilaroius.

Then I saw the Big Give REvealed post and I was balwing. NO joke. That is the greatest.Thanks for sharing that with us. I DID feel the love of God! btw- Any houses for sale in your hood? You guys have enough fun and love to go around!

btw- nominated you for a bloggy award. Come check it out. Looks like thats a theme around these parts. :)

:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

Misty said...

so how does one go about organizing a block party? i wanna have one, as a way of introducing ourselves to the neighborhood.... but it's sooo out of my comfort zone!!! did one or 2 ppl buy food or does everyone contribute, etc? i'm curious!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Misty --

In our neighborhood, at least one or two people (usually moms) act as the organizers. First they send out an e-mail with three or four possible dates so that ever family can vote on the date that works best for them. They send a follow-up e-mail announcing the date and usually also put up a flier on our community mailboxes.

Then they scope out the cost of any "extras" (like our moon bounce this year) and ask people to contribute a small amount to the fund. This year I believe it was about $20 per family for the face paints, craft supplies, hula hoops (to replace the broken ones from last year), paper products and the moon bounce. [The DJ set-up comes cheap for us because our neighbor across the street deejays at weddings, parties and such.]

In terms of food, the people on the end of our cul-de-sac cart their grills out to the street. People are responsible for bringing and cooking their own meat, but everyone also brings a side dish or dessert to share. The grills become community property for a few hours.

Our neighbors with the canopy always set that up so that we have a place to set out the food. They got nominated to do that because they are the only ones with a canopy. Poor souls.

Everyone does clean-up... even the littlest ones.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oops... so that would be "every family" not "ever family."

And let me know if I didn't cover something you were curious about.

mommy24treasures said...

this was a great post, I love it!

Georgia Peach said...

thanks...now i am stuck with that booty call song in my head.

bouncin' in my chair to music no one else can hear...my co-workers are gonna make me put my straight jacket back on.

discombobulated said...

I so wish I lived in your neighborhood. Then I could attend the annual Booty Call.
The picture of Rosie is great. She was in my prayers and still is.