About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Stood Up...

If you read Our Little Tongginator with any regularity, y'all might guess that I don't often blog about things I can't laugh about. Cancer is one of those things.

My momma is a survivor. My sister is a survivor. My father-in-law currently battles to survive late stage pancreatic cancer. My neighbor Rosie continues to fight for her life, diagnosed with an advanced form of breast cancer that has metastasized... well... pretty much everywhere.

If you missed the show last night, please prayerfully consider how you can help. Cancer takes one person every minute. One life every moment. Every day in the United States, 1500 people die from this terrible disease.

I stood up... did y'all??

14 comments:

McEwens said...

GREAT post, I too know so many affected. Standing up right beside you!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Thank you for posting this!

You know I will be Staning Up too!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

Third Mom said...

Yay, way to go! I did too!

Michelle said...

I missed this. Thanks for posting this and building awareness. I lost my father to colorectal cancer 13 months ago. I would love to Stand Up with you!!

missy said...

You all have been through a lot. Thank you for posting this and bringing awareness to helping fight Cancer. I am off to Stand Up with you, friend!

May I add your blog to my side bar as a favorite?

Lanxi said...

I too missed this. Thank you for adding the link!

Michelle said...

I did. I don't know one person who has not been touched by Cancer in some way, myself included. I cried during the entire show, from start to finish. I was only able to donate $100.00 and I hope it helps in some small way.

Janet said...

I.HATE.CANCER.

discombobulated said...

Standing up.
Please add my uncle to your prayers.

Sharie said...

I forgot to watch...but thank you for the post. My next-door neighbor just finished chemo and will start radiaton soon for her breast cancer and one of my best friends little sisters (not even 30) is having a double mastectomy on the 11th to kick start her battle with brest cancer.
It's so hard to watch those we love suffer!

Sharie

Special K said...

Of course I did. :)

Suzie said...

It was a great show. I cried during most of it as so many people I know have been affected by this horrible disease. Thank you for your good wishes about my Aunt! It was a great day for my family to get the news that she is finally in remission. If everyone "Stands Up", it truly will be "Where The End Of Cancer Begins". You, your family and your neighbor will be in my prayers!

Suzie
LID 9/4/2006

Debz said...

I'm with Janet.
I.HATE.CANCER
My Bro in law has a brain tumor....went threw surgery,chemo,radiation....it came back..we aren't done fighting this yet.
Thanks for raising awarness.

Suz Broughton said...

Thanks for the link. I can't think of one person who hasn't been affected by cancer.
I have been hearing about this but haven't given it my full attention, will now.