About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Saturday, September 20, 2008

Got a Sharpener?

Does anyone have a pencil sharpener?

My recent post Seeing Color made the runner-up list for Scribbit's September Write-Away Contest. Thank you Michelle for hosting the contest and Marybeth for her guest judge role. If you'd like to see "the pencil" bling that came with the runner-up award, check out my Blogology Room. That's where I place all of my Cool Stuff - kind of like the actors and actresses who store their Emmys and Oscars in their bathrooms.

Since that type of post typically comes around once in a blue moon at Our Little Tongginator, I'd appreciate it if someone handed me a pencil sharpener... otherwise the posts over the next few weeks will surely end up dull. Sue's hysterical post on the Life Cycle of a Blog definitely comes to mind. I'm now stuck on "Have a couple of well received posts. Become self conscious about posting afterwards because you cannot measure up to yourself."

So... where might you be on that list?

13 comments:

Michelle said...

TM,
The Life Cycle of a Blog was just cracking me up!! That is hysterical!! I'd have to say I'm a little bit more up the list. I just installed a counter this summer and I admit to wondering why on earth some IP address was checking me out so much in one day. Uhhh... it was me. ;-)

Beachy Mimi said...

I can't believe I missed your post when it posted...I guess I was traveling. It is fabulous and very worthy of the award. You have a marvelous way with words. You should write a book.
As for as the life cycle...I've yet to have to worry about outdoing myself!! HA

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am so excited to hear about your seeing color post...Congrats!!

Now...the life cycle of a blog....after reading that I might need to be researching a group called Blog-A-holics Anonymous....when you find a local chapter...let me know!!

Enjoy your weekend...and stop worrying...we always love what you have for us....funny or serious...you never disappoint!

CC said...

Not sure, never felt like any of my posts were so fantastic as to let me down... I'm just noticing how popular you have become my friend! 36 comments per day?! Wow. That's about how many hits I have per day! lol

Scribbit said...

Congratulations! It was great having you part of the contest this month!

Janet said...

Glad you did so well! It was well deserved.

Briana's Mom said...

Congratulations! That was a GREAT post!!! :)

prechrswife said...

Congratulations! :-) On another note, I love the "Life Cycle of a Blog" post. Thanks for sharing that link.

kia (good enough mama) said...

Congrats! And yes, I'm on that list. I'm on it, but I'm not telling where. Mind you, you can probably figure it out.

McEwens said...

YOU were robbed! Your post was AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!!

McEwens said...

On the cycle list.... not caring and posting what I want! LOL

YOU?

Lisa and Tate said...

Congrats on the bling.... I do soooo enjoy reading YOU!!

I am right there at the Writer block on the life cycle. I used to love the stuff I wrote in my earlier times... right now I am in survival mode, waiting to post again some amazingly gorgoeus Tate pictures. Referral, travel, metcha/family... home, life of a momma... YOU KNOW THE GOOD stuff!!

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

Congratulations! It was a great post, I knew it was a winner! But all your posts are great! You've got a wide variety of flavor and topics, which makes your blog so interesting!