About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blingy Things

Stop the madness!!! No, please don't. Seriously, y'all, when will this end? Hopefully never. I don't know what to do with all of these. Actually, I'm just insecure enough to require bowing and fawning on a regular basis. Well, I guess I'm okay with this as long as y'all realize this is the absolute last time, unless the award involves a vote of some kind.

Or a large cash settlement. (Hint, hint)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic from A Long Road to China recently gifted me - Ms. Shlumpadinka herself - with The Diamond Award, while Amie at Heart Smiles and Missy at Party of Many passed along The Smile Award.

I'm feeling the love, y'all (and also-the-stress-with-it), but I'm eternally grateful as well. Oh, and shocked, too. You think I'm kidding...


The Diamond Award seems rule-less (completely opposite of my anal-retentive self), so I'm feeling really nervous about how to handle it. It feels almost like Hot Potato. (Do y'all remember that game?) Anyways, I'd like to pass it along and be done with it so that I don't get burned.

It's always so, so difficult to choose, y'all, but - alas! - one blog stood out among all of the others: RedMaryJanes at The Seventh Diamond because... come on, y'all, figure it out. Her blog is called The Seventh DIAMOND. Hel-lo?!?! She totally needs this.

The Smile Award more resembles my inner OCD. Aah, I feel much more comfortable now. Look at all of these rules...

TheseAreTheRulesOfTheSmileAward: 1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator. 2. You must post these rules if you receive the award. 3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself. 4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere. 5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient. 6. You must create a post sharing your win with others. 7. You must thank your giver.

Characteristics for the Smile Award:

1. Must display a cheerful attitude (not necessarily at all times--we are all human). All I can say is thank goodness for that caveat... otherwise I wouldn't qualify.

2. Must love one another. You mean I have to love people, not just Jesus?!?!?!? Welllll... alright. I guess I can manage that.

3. Must make mistakes. Finally! One I can achieve easily!

4. Must learn from others. I always learn from others... well... perhaps I should say that I listen to what others say and often think, 'wow! THAT'S what I should be doing!,' but a lot of times I fall back into my old patterns even if I don't mean to do so.

5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world. Hmmmm... since I mostly blog about ugly shoes, my Husband's stellar geekiness and my Tongginator's sassy attitude... I don't know, y'all... this one is definitely on the bubble.

6. Must love life. Yes! And that's one of the reasons I hate cancer.

7. Must love kids. I love all children: grumpy ones (the Tongginator), sassy ones (the Tongginator), cute ones (the Tongginator), smart ones (the Tongginator)... need I go on?


I'd like to pass along this bit of Froggy love to some bloggers I enjoy. And there are so, so many of you, but I'm only allowed to pick five. I've actually picked several that are fairly new to me, but most blogs are new to me, seeing as how I never even read one before this year.

Heather of the EO at The Extraordinary Ordinary

Heidi (also known as The Stonefox) at Moms, Ministry and More

Kristen at We are THAT Family

Rebecca Ramsey at Wonders Never Cease

Rebecca at China, Baby!

Now please don't hate me, y'all. And remember that I carefully chose you because of your SMILES and GOOD ATTITUDES. So accept with grace and definitely forgive me...

(Please.)

16 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

What a great award to receive! Thanks lady - you make me smile on a daily basis too. Now I have to go be MY OCD self and pass this on. This could take time. It must be done perfectly...
:)

redmaryjanes said...

WOO HOO! I am here to accept my bling! Thank you so much. My first blog diamonds...I am thrilled.
And I'm glad to share it with you. I have really taken a liking to your blog. I am so glad that our paths have crossed. Your blog is a great way to start my days.

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Oh! You've made my day! Thank you, thank you! And I won't even give a speech. But if I did, I would say that the best thing about blogging is meeting new fabulous friends like you! And I love your blog too!
Hugs and kisses!
Becky

We are THAT Family said...

I loved this post! Thanks for the award...you are too sweet and I'll try to keep it positive!

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

You SO deserve your awards and all the accolades that come with you. YOU GO MISS THING!!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

All very wonderful choices my friend and you are so deserving of all that you have received...your blog is not only a wealth of information....but much fun on a daily basis!!

I hate making these choices myself....rules or no rules....it is always difficult!

Lisa

Michelle said...

You put such a big smile on my face every day. You are SOOOO deserving, my friend!

Janet said...

You are definitely deserving! :-)

Rebecca said...

Oh... I don't know what to say... this is all so... so UNEXPECTED.

I've never gotten a bloggy award before, so even though I should probably hate you, I don't. I am just excited to have a little trophy for my sidebar. And one with a smiley frog on it, too boot!! Yippee!!!

Thanks, Tonggu Momma!!!!! (Bowing gracefully).

Blessings,
Rebecca

Rebecca said...

Um, that should say, TO BOOT.

I'm glad this is not the spelling award...

Zen Ventures said...

Hey how are you? haven't been here in a long while. Life! Congratulations for all the awards you got. You deserve it! and I'm sure everyone else that received the award in return deserves it. I thot of you today because, we have a family whose two kids are also from China- very cute ones too! Well, just dropping in to say hi! Come visit me some time.

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

Girl, you've made me smile today! And laugh too- A HOT POTATO! I'm loving it! Congratulations on your awards. I agree with the other commenters, you deserve it.

Thanks for making my day!

mommy24treasures said...

I can think of no one more desrving.:)

Beachy Mimi said...

You so deserve all the accolades! Congratulations to you. You are one of my very favorites.

CC said...

Can I hate you if I DIDN'T get an award? ;) Just kidding. I think.

Genny said...

I got this award from Kim at My Journey and followed a couple of links here to see the rules. Cute award! And cute blog!