About Me

My little button

Our Little Tongginator

Blog Archive

Design by

Weaksauce Blogs
Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Act Your Age

Tonggu Daddy experienced a very difficult day on Monday. So difficult, in fact, that he-who-rarely-drinks downed two beers in the hour between walking in the door and sitting down to dinner. I would say that the beer helped to relax him, but a more truthful statement might be that the beer just made him intoxicated. The Tongginator had never before seen her daddy drunk. She definitely didn't know what to make of it. After the Husband uttered his fifth or sixth somewhat inane comment over dinner, our daughter leveled him with her Patented Tongginator Glare.

TONGGINATOR: Daddy, you need to act more your age.

TONGGU DADDY
: What?

TONGGINATOR: You are acting like a four-year-old. And you should be acting old.

TONGGU DADDY: I am?

TONGGU MOMMA: (giving the Husband The Look) Yes, you are.

TONGGINATOR: Daddy, you need to get it together. Stop saying silly stuff.

It's at times like these that I feel so grateful the Tongginator is such an outspoken, confident little four-and-a-half-year-old. She will never allow someone to walk all over her. She will always stand out in a crowd.

Plus, she can say things that I'm not allowed to say.

23 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh that's funny!!!! Sassy girl!

Briana's Mom said...

She is a smart cookie! I love her outspokenness!!!

The Source said...

This is hilarious! One of my twins actually COUNTS the glasses of wine the hubby and I drink on occasion. He'll whisper to me that Dad had two and a half glasses already. How many have I had?? I'm wondering what he thinks is going to happen.

McEwens said...

WAHOO!!! She said it just like it was! You are rasing a great little girl!!!

Aunt LoLo said...

Haha. Hehe. hoho. That's AWESOME. Sometimes I wish we could all act like 4 year olds....and just say it like it is.

Cajunchic said...

Lol. You will definitely not have to worry about the boys trying to take advantage of her. She will just put the Tongginater glare on them.

LaLa said...

That is too funny...she is definitely going to keep you on your toes : )

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

A girl after my own heart... that she will not let anyone walk all over her!!!!!!!!!

Heather of the EO said...

First of all, poor daddy. Must have been a really tough day. And with such a low tolerance, things only got worse! :) He was chewed out by his very own daughter. Hilarious.

gritandglory.com said...

tell it like it is, girl!

Suzie said...

I guess she told him!! Sounds like you don't want to mess with The Tongginator!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

As I say...they don't miss a trick!

Very observant...and quite smart! There is no doubt that she will stand out fron the crowd!!


Lisa

delucchi family said...

How clever!! My Amy-Li is always putting me right too.
They keep us on our toes dont they??
God Bless
Love Julia

missy said...

You go Miss Thang!!! I love it. I bet Tonggu Daddy will hear about it for a while : ) Hope he is having a better day.

Stonefox (otherwise known as Heidi) said...

This is so funny! I guess she put him in his place! Isn't it great when there's someone else to do the necessary bossing! :)

Michelle said...

I love it! I am cracking up that she even knows the phrase, "you need to get it together." Too funny.

ZenMama said...

Ah - from the mouth of babes! :)

Plus, I think it means so much more when it comes from them (the kids) and not us. I don't want to be the one to tell my husband the 2nd helping at dinner is not what his waistband needs -- secretly it is kinda nice having it be the KIDS that happen to say his tummy is starting to look like Santa's. Yes - the honesty of kids!

You go, little Tongginator! :)

Zen Mama Wannabe

Meredith Teagarden said...

Too cute! Aren't you glad she will be able to express what she is really thinking :)!

Jamie said...

Ha ha! Gee, I wish she'd tell you what she REALLY thinks. She's so reserved with her opinions. ;)

Janet said...

You go, Tongginator!!!! :-)

Lanxi said...

See, now my kids wouldn't know the difference cuz their daddy is always saying silly things and acting like a 4 year old.

I love that kids can get away with stuff when we can't! Makes me wanna act 4 too - but not in that silly way, just in that all grown up 4 year old that can say anything way.

Love her and her great comments! Thanks for keeping us laughing.

Beverly said...

LOL!!!

Shellie said...

She is great! Love those feisty women!